And the current Islamic terrorist attack is...

Started by steve58, June 25, 2016, 09:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

its almost time to have something like this Live Earthquake Map for Islam induced terror events from small like a  single stabbing attempt stopped cold by security nearby to mayor catastrophic magnitude incidents like Paris
considering that all the 'Green' on 'Green' (Sunni vs Shiite) and also 'Palestinians'-activities vs Israel can be sorted in too (even so the later are nowadays seen more as poor political by the media), there are lots of dots popping up in the timeline and on that global map ...

here is the live-earthquake-map  and list as the design template:   
http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/

JasonPratt

Standoff is over.

QuoteIslamist militants killed 20 people, including at least nine Italians, inside an upmarket restaurant in Bangladesh's capital, before security forces stormed the building and ended a 12-hour standoff on Saturday.

(Not sure if the article is behind a paywall.)

http://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/news/story/0002/20160702/KCN0ZH5HE_23

Most of the slain people were killed with "sharp weapons" according to police, although the perps were also certainly "gunmen". 13 hostages rescued, but only three were foreigners; originally police thought only foreigners were killed but now it seems the terrorists killed at least a few locals, too. 2 police also died in the first stages of the assault to free the hostages.

ISIS is taking credit for it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

ISIS taking credit for a lot if not all attacks in this thread. If they really are connected to all of them I wonder if they are lashing out as they are being destroyed...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Wes

Quote from: Boggit on June 25, 2016, 10:59:07 AM
Quote from: steve58 on June 25, 2016, 09:39:49 AM
...in Mogadishu.

A Somali police officer says a suicide bomber has detonated an explosives-laden vehicle at the gate of a Mogadishu hotel, followed by gunmen who are fighting their way inside.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/06/25/huge-explosion-outside-hotel-in-somali-capital-police-say0.html
Sadly you hear something similar at least once a week on TV. I'm hoping we'll hear the next atrocity will be from a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, Jain, or Salvation Army terror group just to break the pattern of Islamist terror for a change... ;) I don't think it will though, do you?

Well, looks like you got your wish Boggit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36693714
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

Boggit

Quote from: Wes on July 02, 2016, 12:11:03 PM
Quote from: Boggit on June 25, 2016, 10:59:07 AM
Quote from: steve58 on June 25, 2016, 09:39:49 AM
...in Mogadishu.

A Somali police officer says a suicide bomber has detonated an explosives-laden vehicle at the gate of a Mogadishu hotel, followed by gunmen who are fighting their way inside.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/06/25/huge-explosion-outside-hotel-in-somali-capital-police-say0.html
Sadly you hear something similar at least once a week on TV. I'm hoping we'll hear the next atrocity will be from a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, Jain, or Salvation Army terror group just to break the pattern of Islamist terror for a change... ;) I don't think it will though, do you?

It just goes to show about tempting fate when you aren't serious. I'll be careful not to be so flippant such things in the future. :-[ I certainly did not want that to actually happen. :(
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

MikeGER

not a terrorist group action
... just a group of local villager protect their turf from muslim -unsentive as always- claiming new ground by
(secretly?) building a makeshift mosque in a let's say in wargamers terms "zone of control" of a residuing pagoda
That is asking for trouble. (and attack was against an empty building - not murdering people)

Wes

Quote from: MikeGER on July 02, 2016, 12:43:09 PM

... just a group of local villager protect their turf from muslim -unsentive as always- claiming new ground by
(secretly?) building a makeshift mosque in a let's say in wargamers terms "zone of control" of a residuing pagoda
That is asking for trouble. (and attack was against an empty building - not murdering people)

Buddhist villagers, man. I'm Buddhist. We don't burn buildings or attack police. When it's to the point of any violence then it gets scary...remember when Zen Buddhists were violent...the Samurai...not a good thing...
"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."  - Frank Herbert

Boggit

Ahh. OK. I should read more than the just the headline... :-[

I also saw a docu a while back that suggests that the backlash against the Rohingya Muslims is a lot to do with the Buddhist reaction to Muslim men attacking and raping a Buddhist Burmese girl. Apparently it flared up after that.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

steve58

Quote from: MikeGER on July 02, 2016, 02:05:37 AM
its almost time to have something like this Live Earthquake Map for Islam induced terror events from small like a  single stabbing attempt stopped cold by security nearby to mayor catastrophic magnitude incidents like Paris
considering that all the 'Green' on 'Green' (Sunni vs Shiite) and also 'Palestinians'-activities vs Israel can be sorted in too (even so the later are nowadays seen more as poor political by the media), there are lots of dots popping up in the timeline and on that global map ...

here is the live-earthquake-map  and list as the design template:   
http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/

Well, just poking about the internetz a bit I came across this, which kinda goes with what you were suggesting: How Many People Have Been Killed in ISIS Attacks Around the World.

However, being that it is the New York Times, not sure that I completely trust the info...but its a start.  It certainly needs to be expanded to include all attacks by any Muslim(s), rather than just ISIS.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Wes

"I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.

jomni

This may have been encouraged by a some radical buddhist monk though.

Gusington

Wes can clarify but I thought Buddhists were absolutely peaceful all of the time, always, no matter the circumstance.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

I take it then that you've never heard of Kwai Chang Caine.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Ah, Grasshopper.................you have so much to learn.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!