Happy Thanksgiving!

Started by bbmike, November 22, 2017, 04:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Happy Turkey Day gents!
<:-)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Happy thanksgiving everybody!

MD -right at Noontime EST click this link: http://www.wplr.com/ and click 'listen live' to get a little reminder of Thanksgiving in Southern New England. If you miss it you might be able to catch it again at 6PM EST.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Are they only doing it twice today?  Used to be top of the hour all day long!  :(
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

IIRC, it's been 6AM, Noon, 6 PM for a while now.

but I figured that hearing it 'live' (so to speak) was more special than clicking on a youtube link during the day at ones own convenience.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on November 23, 2017, 08:31:19 AM
Are they only doing it twice today?  Used to be top of the hour all day long!  :(

The year I was on the air for Thanksgiving, we did it every even-numbered hour

There's a reason that song drives me nuts
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Greybriar

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bayonetbrant

trailrunner

29 degrees F before the Turkey Trot this morning.  That's great running weather, except standing in the cold waiting for the race to start.

FlickJax

Happy thanks giving to all our buddies across the pond, enjoy and be merry.

bayonetbrant

CJReich46

Happy Thanksgiving Me Hearty Grogs!

:hug:
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

JudgeDredd

Quote from: trailrunner on November 23, 2017, 10:04:57 AM

29 degrees F before the Turkey Trot this morning.  That's great running weather, except standing in the cold waiting for the race to start.
Get yer seatbelt on  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

MetalDog

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 23, 2017, 08:34:05 AM
IIRC, it's been 6AM, Noon, 6 PM for a while now.

but I figured that hearing it 'live' (so to speak) was more special than clicking on a youtube link during the day at ones own convenience.

Absolutely correct!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob