A generic RPG assistant app, proceduraly generates a dungeon Graphical version

Started by gameleaper, December 16, 2016, 12:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

A generic RPG assistant app, proceduraly generates a dungeon on 5 levels of a massive scale, used for tabletop or computer aided RPGs, It helps a solo or group players play on a computer, there are encounters and treasure, but its generic allowing you to dice it with your own rules.

I found it hard to play solo, while keeping a world in the background, you use this app to generate rooms doors and locations aswell as treasure items and NPCs and monsters, its generic you wont see any names or titles, its just to help with mapping etc..

version6 is a true roguelike

https://numbergamer8.itch.io/prorpghelper

runs on windows or Mac

gameleaper

Graphical version, now done.

you can add 150 tiles and cards, its about done, apart from adding a default tile and card set, but you would add these in a specific game type yourself, the cards can be text like roll a d10 to pass, or goto some location, or find something, or it could be an item like a torch, or maybe instructions on what to do if enemies are present etc...

bayonetbrant

I might play with this some this weekend when I should be grading papers
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

Might be useful for a mindless dungeon crawl. Maybe I could finally test D&D 5e with this.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

I'm making it generic at the moment, and then I will focus it on a specific theme I'm thinking World of darkness, I'm planning on making 4th and 5th levels only go up and down for representing tall buildings in a city, I was thinking about not restricting movement with doors unless it has stairs (buildings) on level 3 ground level , , this is all for a WoD version, this version is a spinoff so don't miss this version