GM's Apprentice Decks

Started by Nefaro, August 19, 2016, 11:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Finally got around to ordering the physical Sci-Fi and Horror card decks.   O0

After seeing the quality of the base GM Apprentice cards, from the manufacturer that DriveThruRPG uses, I'm alright with the price.  Unlike many boardgames which profess to have "poker quality" cards, but not quite being so, these are actually the real deal. 

Been debating picking up some game-specific Condition and/or Spell cards at some point.  Such as the Chronicles Of Darkness Condition, Numina, Dread Power cards they offer.  Or the Shadow Of The Demon Lord spell cards.  But it would have to be for a game that will definitely have some tabletop play time, as opposed to over the net or just reading. 

After tinkering a bit with WFRP 3rd Edition's card-heavy setup, I can see how much time and extra writing/typing it saves.  Plus it looks better & more organized than makeshift scribbled notes all over.

Also got the Mage 2nd Edition book on my wishlist, now that it has a Print On Demand version available at DTRPG too.  Not cheap but, unlike some others, I'm just fine with the "standard quality" print job I got with the CoD book as long as the spine doesn't suddenly go to shit from simply being opened.