Today's Classic Review: Empires of the Shining Sea

Started by bayonetbrant, May 17, 2017, 10:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Ah, the memories I have: of first being overrun out of the gate by a fellow underwater faction, in my home territory in the middle of the shining sea, and then taking over Ulm when their player dropped out and trying to forge alliances with T'ien Ch'ien and other sundries nearby in a game that discourages all alliances, while slowly invading north into the Spider Kingdom with my Troll King army and touring my territories with my Pretender to search for gem sites -- until inevitably I'm invaded by that dang rival underwater kingdom now surrounding my peninsula (with his sirens molesting my peninsula... uh, no entendre originally intended  ^-^ ) and slowly smushed out of the game. Again.

Whereupon at around the same time half the remaining players, on the west (Sword?) coast, decided they were fed up with the game and voted to end it, much to the chagrin of the other half of the players inland to the east who were having a ball. Which as one of the game admins I still feel bad about, since I should have set us all to AI so they could play out the end, sigh.

...uh. That was Dominions 3, not AD&D. Sorry.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!