Total War: Three Kingdoms

Started by Nefaro, January 10, 2018, 11:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Yeah CA has advertised the 'fantasy' mode of Three Kingdoms as an integral feature of the game. I will probably choose that mode for my first playthrough as it looks fun and I know next to nothing of Qin or Han history.

Turd bin...heh

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

One thing I failed to mention earlier, when I went into a battle my load time was awesome...under 10 seconds.....if these kind of improvements are throughout the game, makes it worth it to me alone.

Gusington

I read some posts like that about the load times in Reddit too, and a lot of positive posts on the AI and on the game's optimization in general. I don't know which CA team put this together but it is quite the turnaround from releases like Rome 2...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Don't you usually lose to the AI in previous iterations, Gus? Do you really want a tougher opponent? 

Think I'll pass on this one.  Ancient China doesn't hold much interest for me.  I still haven't picked up Britannia even.

Jarhead0331

I'm on the fence right now...but if they release an "Opium Wars" and "Boxer Rebellion" DLC, I will not be able to resist. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Silent Disapproval Robot

If they took it to Victorian times, I'd be all over it.  This Crouching Tiger-Hidden Man-bun stuff?  Not so much.

Gusington

I lose to the AI in Solitaire, so...yes.

I originally was not going to pick this up either but, like other TW games, it has ignited an interest in the time and place and sufficiently moistened my loins.

If an Opium War or Boxer Rebellion mod or dlc is ever put out, I will nerdgasm greater than the world has ever seen.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on May 23, 2019, 02:27:05 PM

If an Opium War or Boxer Rebellion mod or dlc is ever put out, I will nerdgasm greater than the world has ever seen.

I take it back...I hope they never...EVER...release an Opium War or Boxer Rebellion DLC.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skoop

Why ?  I'd probably buy if they did Boxer Rebellion DLC too.  Otherwise I'm passing at this point.

Total War Victoria is the one I'm waiting for, that'll be day one purchase for sure.

Gusington

Looks like JH is nervous at the mention of my giant nerdgasm. Understandably.

I have been praying for a Victoria TW for over a decade. Closest we ever got was Fall of the Samurai...my favorite TW game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Not a ton of time tonight, but a few things....

Performance is really great
The UI/graphics best of the bunch
Seems more intuitive (maybe I missed some of this in old versions but various icons and such really provide some good info)
I know some concerned about fantasy angle, but they do have more of a standard mode for people that want more historical...options below.

jomni

Gusington

Sweet, thanks for posting. Keep'em coming!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 23, 2019, 02:57:07 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 23, 2019, 02:27:05 PM

I take it back...I hope they never...EVER...release an Opium War or Boxer Rebellion DLC.

LMAO Jar

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd