Shadows Of Brimstone

Started by Nefaro, August 22, 2014, 02:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Quote from: Nefaro on December 19, 2014, 05:50:37 PM
Still got all my SoBS stuff splayed out on my gaming table and plans to finish painting the rest of the heroes before running another session.

But gonna have to box all this stuff up soon when company's over around the holidays and wants to do some Never Have I Ever or Cards Against Humanity over some beers.

I'm dreading trying to pack all this stuff back in.  Even if there are two large boxes for them.  Especially since they may just get unpacked again soon.  ;D

Sounds like you need a table for over your table! Next time one of the creative woodworker-types decides to design a gaming table he should include the option of adding rails along the sides that would allow you to place some boards over your in-game setup, creating a new table surface that sits a few inches above the lower one. Then gamers with actual social lives can entertain guests, have a big dinner party, play cards, or even make sweet, sweet love to their spouse/GF/whatever on the false top, all without mussing up the monster wargame underneath. It'd also be great for keeping the Soviet Siege of Stalingrad from being broken by a giant Axis Kitten Wunderwaffen while the Stavka is over in the kitchen grabbing an in-between-turn snack.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on December 20, 2014, 07:40:44 AMNext time one of the creative woodworker-types decides to design a gaming table he should include the option of adding rails along the sides that would allow you to place some boards over your in-game setup, creating a new table surface that sits a few inches above the lower one.

Geek Chic has been doing this for years :)

If you'd bothered to come to Origins from 2008-2012, you'd've seen 'em yourself!   O0

http://geekchichq.com/the-hoplite-gaming-table.html

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Well.. it's pretty much a dedicated gaming table in the first place.  So I just need to get off my ass and do it when the current game on there isn't being played at the moment.   C:-)