Which game would you play PBeM right now?

Started by Yskonyn, October 24, 2018, 03:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

I my effort to try to setup Dominions and Civ games recently which petered out before we could get started I would like to propose this poll because I am feeling the PBem vibe.

So drop your vote if you want to start playing any of the above games and lets see if we can start something up!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Anguille

This answer for me is easy...i have only Civ VI.

Note that i will be on a business trip between the 10th of November until the 2d of August. My travel gaming computer can't play CIV VI.

Barthheart

Also only have Civ VI on that list. Been looking at FS 2 but waiting to see if opinions improve.....

Tuna

You can do Civ via email? Are all Civ's like that, or just VI? Just seemed like when we did Civ IV mp, there was simultaneous turns going on?

W8taminute

I'd play Dominions 5 as I don't have any of the other games. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

Quote from: Tuna on October 24, 2018, 05:55:32 AM
You can do Civ via email? Are all Civ's like that, or just VI? Just seemed like when we did Civ IV mp, there was simultaneous turns going on?

Sort of. The turns are simultaneous but just like Dominions has Llamaserver, Civ has 'Play That Damn Turn'. You send your turn to PYDT and once it has all player files it processes and sends out the new files.
Works very well.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 24, 2018, 08:02:16 AM
How does AoW3 PBEM work?

I have read its a baked in feature. Havent actually used it myself yet.

FarAway Sooner

I had some fun playing Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided game by PBEM a while back.  That game's a bit of a monster to get into, and the UI is God-awful given the complexity of the game, but it's quite enjoyable after you get past the, "Oh, I didn't mean to invite Russia to join WW I in 1939" factor!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Tuna on October 24, 2018, 09:01:37 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 24, 2018, 07:44:20 AM
World in Flames  :D

LOL JD!

I lol'd at that, too.

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on October 24, 2018, 10:19:26 AM
I had some fun playing Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided game by PBEM a while back.  That game's a bit of a monster to get into, and the UI is God-awful given the complexity of the game, but it's quite enjoyable after you get past the, "Oh, I didn't mean to invite Russia to join WW I in 1939" factor!

I would not be adverse to trying that. (Essentially super-ultra-deluxe Axis vs Allies.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Ubercat

Quote from: Anguille on October 24, 2018, 05:03:13 AM
... i will be on a business trip between the 10th of November until the 2d of August.

That is a LONG azz business trip. ???
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Tuna

I never got into GG World at War, nor his Civil war game. though I really tried hard to get into the Civil war one..