Civ VI: Rise and Fall expansion

Started by RedArgo, November 28, 2017, 10:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Genghis: may we have your fine looking city?

Baghdad: no way

Genghis: alright, suit yourself

*Genghis returns with 100k horsemen and turns Baghdad into a pyramid of 1,000,000 bloody skulls*

~end game~

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

Quote from: Anguille on December 05, 2017, 04:53:24 PM
What i don't like so much yet is not the graphical style of the game but the feeling that the map fills up too fast.

This has been my issue with the Civ games for awhile now.  Are there no mods to make the map larger. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

Quote from: OJsDad on December 24, 2017, 07:21:47 PM
Quote from: Anguille on December 05, 2017, 04:53:24 PM
What i don't like so much yet is not the graphical style of the game but the feeling that the map fills up too fast.

This has been my issue with the Civ games for awhile now.  Are there no mods to make the map larger.

Oh yeah, lots of mods. There's at least one that if you don't have a video card with at least 6 GB it will not run. The best one I play is the Yet (not) Another Maps Pack mod. It has so many options to it. Maps are frickin huge. You can play on Earth or Earth like setups.

joram

This is now released on the Apple store!  While I admittedly had trouble getting into the game, I couldn't resist getting it (again) for the iPad and now can't put it down.

Barthheart

Queeg

Quote from: joram on January 02, 2018, 08:45:05 AM
This is now released on the Apple store!  While I admittedly had trouble getting into the game, I couldn't resist getting it (again) for the iPad and now can't put it down.

I'm amazed how well it plays on my iPad.  Actually easier than on my MacBook Pro. 

Barthheart

bbmike

^But...Alabama already beat them!  :hide:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Gusington

Wow - Georgia is a playable faction done professionally? Impressive.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Does Georgia come with a Russian invasion mod? ;)

Gusington

Just a matter of minutes until that comes out now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Quote from: Barthheart on January 10, 2018, 09:14:05 AM
And Georgia joins the fun:

Seems like an odd choice, but okay.  I just hope Stalin isn't one of their options as leader. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

OJsDad

I did not pick up Civ VI, but have added it to my wishlist. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Barthheart

New official preview of up coming expansion:  O0