Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Jarhead0331

Interesting...seems like there is some complexity here. A lot to absorb so far.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

devoncop

Just watched the first half of the Twitch stream referred to by Jarhead above....

First thing to say is "Wow"

Imperator Rome has its combat mechanics seriously embarrassed by the mechanics of those of Field of Glory:Empires.

There are a lot of nuances in the combat even if you choose not to play out all the battles in the Field of Glory 2 tactical battle system and it is anything but the "rock paper scissors" formula of Imperator.

As for the Empire building aspect the numbers and variety of buildings is remarkable and the "Legacy", Culture and Decadence aspects of each Empire are looking to be a fascinating juggling task for every leader.

It was interesting to see that starting buildings and resources will be randomly generated in each province (though specific nations still get their unique buildings) at the start up of each game so replayabilty will be optimised.

Plenty more to see as this stream concentrated on a very small area of a huge map as the challenge dictated but this really does seem like the release of the year for me . :smitten:

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Anguille

Yeah...one of the major games of the year for me too.

Jarhead0331

I'm not watching the twitch stream. I'm playing the game.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tamas

Quote from: devoncop on April 10, 2019, 02:01:03 AM
Just watched the first half of the Twitch stream referred to by Jarhead above....

First thing to say is "Wow"

Imperator Rome has its combat mechanics seriously embarrassed by the mechanics of those of Field of Glory:Empires.

There are a lot of nuances in the combat even if you choose not to play out all the battles in the Field of Glory 2 tactical battle system and it is anything but the "rock paper scissors" formula of Imperator.

As for the Empire building aspect the numbers and variety of buildings is remarkable and the "Legacy", Culture and Decadence aspects of each Empire are looking to be a fascinating juggling task for every leader.

It was interesting to see that starting buildings and resources will be randomly generated in each province (though specific nations still get their unique buildings) at the start up of each game so replayabilty will be optimised.

Plenty more to see as this stream concentrated on a very small area of a huge map as the challenge dictated but this really does seem like the release of the year for me . :smitten:

Glad you liked it. :) To be precise regarding the buildings: the starting buildings are defined by the scenario, what's semi-randomly generated is the buildings avaialble for construction at a given time. By "semi-random" I mean that you always get one option in each main category, and some buildings have a bigger chance to show up as an option in a given region, for various reasons.

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 10, 2019, 04:08:24 AM
Lucky man!

mbar

@Jarhead0331 is the battle screenshot from Field of Glory 2 integration into FoG Empires? Or is it all from Empires?

jomni

Quote from: mbar on April 10, 2019, 07:50:07 AM
@Jarhead0331 is the battle screenshot from Field of Glory 2 integration into FoG Empires? Or is it all from Empires?

That's the Empires version of the battle.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: jomni on April 10, 2019, 08:27:10 AM

That's the Empires version of the battle.

I have a feeling that when you stick with the Empire game you can finish a campaign in a rather short period of time.
If you export every battle in FOG2 you could be in for a long time investment ...

Sieges and naval battles can't be exported (though some players are proposing to export naval battles in to Mare Nostrvm).

Gusington

I wish there was some game out there to export sieges to.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

All from Empires. I have not integrated any battles yet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

devoncop

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 10, 2019, 04:08:24 AM

Ah....thanks for the clarification.

Though knowing someone is already playing the beta is not helping my diminishing reserves of patience 😢
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games