just bought this, its a new Mag on tabletop games D&D aswell looks like

Started by gameleaper, November 02, 2017, 07:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

just bought this,"TableTop Gaming"  its a new Mag on tabletop games D&D aswell looks like see pic

BanzaiCat

Any magazine that puts the word "deets" on the cover is about the same level as Tiger Beat and other tween publications. Doesn't bode well.

gameleaper

there is only a few pages on D&D that I have just looked at, threre are plenty of board games, on the whole an interesting mag,

I thought deeds was a D&D slang I never knew, Now I see is deeds I suppose

BanzaiCat

No. Well, not to me. "Deets" is short for "details." It's something hipster tween-agers slung around a lot back in the 90s/early 2000s. To me it looks like a tech magazine trying to sound uber-cool. I can see the publishers sitting around a table going, "Deets? That's a word, right? That's what those wacky kids are saying these days, right? Along with phat, fresh, and dope?"

mirth

Not everyone who plays games is an old fart like you or I. Some of them are young and understand the hip, new vernacular.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

gameleaper

thx, for the explanation,

there is only one card on the mag, you get one each issue, but its a good one

bbmike

I do miss getting the old computer game magazines. It was mentioned on a recent Grogcast how it was cool that Decision Games still sends out a paper catalog. Let us know how it is, gameleaper.

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 02, 2017, 07:39:03 AM
Any magazine that puts the word "deets" on the cover is about the same level as Tiger Beat and other tween publications. Doesn't bode well.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Yeah yeah, but it just reminds me of tech companies trying to be hip and about 3/4 of the time, failing miserably.

gameleaper

I remember when game reviewers were all university educated who thought they could tell everyone how good or bad a game was when they had no idea about how to play a game, I'm not dissing educated people I went to Poly(I know I need grammer checkers :)) , it really annoyed me how they thought they were qualified to review games, the dribble that came out sounded clever but was totally wrong, it reminds me of a movie getting 10 Oscars but was rubbish,