Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreb

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 21, 2017, 06:45:25 AM
Quote from: Moreb on December 21, 2017, 01:14:10 AM

EDIT: WHERE IS ASID? I JUST REALIZED HE HAS BEEN ABSENT FOR OVER A YEAR. THAT GUY HAS ALWAYS BEEN HELPFUL. HOPE YOU ARE FINE ASID.

Asid is doing just fine. I speak to him on occasion about new games. He has his own forum and gaming group and has made a decision not to post here anymore.

He can be found at the link Pete posted or on the DoW teamspeak server.

Good to know. Thanks.

Quote from: sandman2575 on December 21, 2017, 07:21:07 PM
Graviteam is on a roll

http://store.steampowered.com/app/742790/Tank_Warfare_El_Guettar/

Had no idea about the new dlc for Mius Front, and no idea this new module was in the works for the North Africa campaign ....  in addition to the recent Longstop Hill and Operation Pugilist dlcs...

All of which I'll be picking up on the Steam sale.

You're not kidding. News to me.

Quote from: Zulu1966 on December 21, 2017, 06:14:14 AM
Quote from: Moreb on September 04, 2017, 08:42:15 PM
GT is a fantastic game/simulation that every wargamer should own and learn. It is to today what Combat Mission Beyond Overlord was to 1999. I just wish theyd port OP:Star winter battles.

Thats going a bit far - BO was a revolution - graviteam is nothing like that.

I suppose you're right. While GT has its quirks, imo there are many more things that shine over CM that makes it the game for me. We're packing to go to our cabin for the weekend otherwise I'd touch on some of those. The fluidity of the combat of gt is an obvious example but there are others. In reality I probably shouldnt compare the two because they really are two different types of games. More to follow after the holidays because imo gt needs an advocate for the myriad of things that are unique to the series.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Silent Disapproval Robot

Big patch and a new winter DLC released today (May 11, 2018)

CHANGELOG

1) Changed the appearance of some interfaces.
2) In close engagement mode, the type of vehicles and heavy weapons is displayed instead of commander names.
3) Added Mk IV Churchill II tank (in the encyclopedia and quick battle editor).
4) Button for selecting the best platoons in a battlegroup, active only if there are such platoons in the reserve.
5) Messages popping up on the operational map are combining for battlegroups.
6) User guide has been updated (added explanation of abbreviations used in operations).
7) In the operational phase, statistics on the actions of forces are shown after each turn.
8) Added 88 mm Flak 36 gun (in operations and quick battle).
9) Changed numbering of vehicles combined into a company.
10) Added automatic lookup of a suitable video adapter when launching the game.
11) Added the effect of exhaled air in cold weather.
12) Fixed a bug with incorrect calculation of the loudness of soldier shouts.
13) When rotation order is given, stationary heavy weapon turns the turret/gun in the specified direction.
14) When selecting a spotter, the call artillery support menu automatically scrolls to the battery linked with it.
15) Changed the vehicle selection algorithm in the encyclopedia.
16) Added sounds of anti-personnel mines explosions.
17) Adjusted the algorithm of the quick selection panel behavior with a large number of platoons.
18) Added outlining of buttons.
19) Trenches for vehicles and heavy weapons are digged with horizontal alignment.
20) Changed the algorithm of indirect fire indication - added accounting of landscape objects located at up to 500 meters from the gun, added partial accounting of the gun angle of elevation limitations.
21) Added the platoon markers mode.
22) Added indication of the current action of a squad/vehicle in the quick selection panel.
23) Changed the save format in tactical battle, now saving is potentially possible on computers with 2GB of RAM (old saves will be deleted!).
24) Platoon markers in the platoons table in the operational phase change according to the selected in the settings.
25) Added the undo last action button in the deployment phase (Backspace by default, can be redefined).
26) Fixed a bug with a non-displayed text when selecting a line of fire and specifying a sector.
27) Added removal of intersecting text labels for squads and platoons (only the near label is kept).
28) Removed unnecessary "outlining" for units and objects models.
29) Removed dark shadowing artifacts appearing at the edges of the screen.
30) Changed textures of some special effects.
31) Changed the effect of a human on fire.
32) Minimized the delay in the creation of special effects - the effects of gun flashes and explosions are shown more correctly.
33) Fixed a bug with missing highlighting of platoons of the same battalion on the operational map.
34) In the battlegroup mode, battalion and regiment (instead of battalion/company) are highlighted on the operational map.
35) If a battlegroup participates in a battle, then strong limitation of the battle radius, selects platoons only from the attacked and attacking square (highly recommended for slow computers).
36) Changed the algorithm of vehicles and small objects interaction.
37) Changed the algorithm of the objects shading calculation.
38) Changed the algorithm of selecting units in a platoon, after deployment left click (on the panel and in the 3D/map) selects only combat-ready units, click on the platoon button (on the squads panel) selects all units.
39) Modified some special and lighting effects.
40) Changed the algorithm of unit placement when they are combined into one battery (guns and mortars are placed close to the platoon commander).
41) Fixed a bug with visualization of rain effect.

fabius

Some nice goodies in that patch, thanks for a heads up.

Hofstadter

Had a go, the new interface is a bit dreadful, instead of sub unit cards being right above main unit cards, they moved the subs off to the side, it makes it very strange
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

JasonPratt

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 11, 2018, 04:22:16 PM
Big patch and a new winter DLC released today (May 11, 2018)

CHANGELOG [snipping]

8) Added 88 mm Flak 36 gun (in operations and quick battle).

8)  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

noticed the game and all dlc on sale for 25-30% off...may be time for me to fully jump in and try this series again,  might be a nice alternative or compliment to combat mission since not much new content coming out over there in a timely fashion.

before i consider, i am assuming the current version still has staying power? no new versions being talked about anytime soon?  it would be my luck to start playing and then something new and shiny comes out:)

Pete Dero

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 28, 2018, 04:59:17 AM
noticed the game and all dlc on sale for 25-30% off...may be time for me to fully jump in and try this series again,  might be a nice alternative or compliment to combat mission since not much new content coming out over there in a timely fashion.

before i consider, i am assuming the current version still has staying power? no new versions being talked about anytime soon?  it would be my luck to start playing and then something new and shiny comes out:)

This game was on sale for 50% off in the summer sale.  Winter is coming, so if you have a little patience ...

Tank warfare is newer but is a different theatre (https://store.steampowered.com/app/549080/Tank_Warfare_Tunisia_1943/)

Grim.Reaper

Thanks appreciate the info...although 50% is good, not sure big enough difference to wait 3or 4 months

Pete Dero

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 28, 2018, 08:49:05 AM
Thanks appreciate the info...although 50% is good, not sure big enough difference to wait 3or 4 months

I understand.  It's not like we have other games waiting to be played  >:D.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Pete Dero on August 28, 2018, 09:20:29 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 28, 2018, 08:49:05 AM

I understand.  It's not like we have other games waiting to be played  >:D.

Nope, I am a on demand gamer....digital downloads have ruined me:(  If physical copies were still the normal, I wouldnt have nearly as many games to waste....

jamus34

You cannot underestimate the full power of a drunken buying spree either.
Insert witty comment here.

Moreb

IMO, it's one of the few games that I feel is worth the full price of admission. 326 hours and climbing. It is my favorite series ever by far and Graviteam constantly updates it with not only bug fixes but many new features, big and small. It's not Combat Mission. It doesn't try to be. In short it's incredible. Beware the learning curve but nothing a CM player cannot handle.

When dongles fly? - mirth

-budd-

Those are awesome shots, game is definitely cinematic. Makes me want to jump back in.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

i did end up purchasing, what the heck...just add more stuff to my library:)

just curious, any of the dlc must haves at the moment?  i may wait on that stuff until future sake and make sure the game clicks with me.

Destraex

Amazing pictures. Love them. I'd love to get into this game... might try it again some time. But at the moment I am fascinated with combat mission and SD44.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"