Main Menu

FRIDAY bomb

Started by Pete Dero, October 19, 2018, 08:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on October 19, 2018, 01:53:35 PM
And I play as a dwarf every single day. Believe me when I say it's nothing special.

Maybe I'm dwarfing it wrong.

Nah, you win as a dwarf every day. I remember reading that somewhere.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

@W8:Congrats on the new man cave!  O0

@Airboy: I am sorry to hear about your dog.  Sounds like you did a good turn by him.  Hard as it is, try to remember some of the joy you shared with one another.

@Tuna: I approve of all things Warlock.  Except for those damn Dremers.  And the way they organize the spell list in I.  And the way building cities are limited in II.  And I don't have any DLC for II, so no Renaissance mod for me.

Game playing this weekend may consist of starting prep for a new p&p D&D game with my old crew.  The rest will be football, football, and more football.  Roll Tide!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Quote from: MetalDog on October 19, 2018, 04:00:17 PM
The rest will be football, football, and more football.  Roll Tide!

:knuppel2:

...though honestly, it isn't like we're going to give you any trouble this year, so I can hardly fault your enthusiasm. I'll pull for Bama later when you're locking down another championship for the Southeastern Conference, or putting the boot to other teams outside the SEC.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

nelmsm

Well I'd like to say I'll answer PBEM emails, playtest, and then.... but I know damn well I'll be lucky to get my PBEM files answered more than once and do more than one JTS playtest scenario.

MetalDog

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 19, 2018, 04:05:05 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 19, 2018, 04:00:17 PM
The rest will be football, football, and more football.  Roll Tide!

:knuppel2:

...though honestly, it isn't like we're going to give you any trouble this year, so I can hardly fault your enthusiasm. I'll pull for Bama later when you're locking down another championship for the Southeastern Conference, or putting the boot to other teams outside the SEC.

Saban has a tendency to go easy on his former assistants.  So there's hope.  O0
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

CJReich46

I'm off this weekend.(?) except for a stupid-arse meeting at work on Sunday(!)

But it's a redo of my nephew's birthday so I am looking forward to seeing him.

As for me (Yes Gus I have figured out the combat in Witcher II)

I am still playing The Witcher II- I am in Chapter II and trying to figure out my next move.  I even got a haircut after finding some serious armor and a steel sword named Arbitrator.  I did turn down the difficulty on the QTEs (I have the enhanced version) so it made things manageable (but not super easy) it was still a challenge in Chapter 1)

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Moreb

Just left the vets office myself a couple hours ago. Elderly dog also that needed some quality of life procedure. Having put down my favorite dog two years ago I empathize with you. Although it's never easy, when it's time, it's time.

Here at the cabin again. Left the computer at home but have a bunch of boardgames to play with the missus while watching college foolsball. Cold and rainy outside, woodburner and toasty inside. Fine napping conditions.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

You figured out the combat in Witcher 2?? Well out with it then! What is the key there?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GJK

Finally learning my next game in my "want to learn" series: Fields of Fire.  Set up and playing via Tabletop Simulator and will punch/sort/clip(!) the real thing if I find that I'm digging this game. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Also continuing my solo game of La Bataille des Quatra Bras (Clash of Arms games).
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Sir Slash

I had a double Jack & Coke for Zippo at sunset, Airboy. There's one dog I would've liked to have met.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: GJK on October 19, 2018, 07:52:35 PM
Also continuing my solo game of La Bataille des Quatra Bras (Clash of Arms games).

Wow!  Beautiful!!!!

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 19, 2018, 10:47:21 PM
I had a double Jack & Coke for Zippo at sunset, Airboy. There's one dog I would've liked to have met.  O0

We have been giving him tasty dog things (bacon, dried liver treats, squishy food) for the last week.  It is about the only thing that makes him happy anymore.  His dementia has made him forget us.

Drinking to absent comrads is always a good thing.

Tuna

So sorry Airboy, dogs definitely become a true part of the family. That is awesome that you were able to rescue him and give him a very good life!

JasonPratt

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 19, 2018, 01:19:08 PM
I'm not sure the game's plot has finished up the War of the Ring yet but they're getting close.

Checking in, I discovered that the LotR plot per se has in fact finished (with the destruction of the Ring), so you can play through all of that, supporting the Fellowship in various ways across Middle-Earth. The next large story arc will involve expanding things from the appendicies, concerning various dark forces trying to take over where Sauron lost.