Pretty funny...dlc, pay to play, and first access

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 18, 2018, 04:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

Quote from: Tpek on October 18, 2018, 05:51:05 AM
1) That's not how DLC was born. They were originally released some time AFTER the game and not with it.
Bethesda started the DLC trend with their Horse Armor for TES4: Oblivion, although expansion packs existed for video games years before that already.

I seem to remember Bioshock 2 was one of the first games that actually had its DLC come out alongside it, with the content itself already being in the disc and installed on the player's computer,
just requiring you to pay more to unlock it, something that caused an uproar at its time.

2) Sadly the the concept of selling "Nothing" that might contain something of worth in it has already been done.
Anyone remembers Peter Molyneaux's "Golden Pick"?

Monster Hunter was released on August 18th. There are currently $90 worth of DLC's available on Steam. Most of them were day one available.

I started a mild thread on this, just a couple of days ago. The next morning, I had 13 responses. I went to the thread..and it had already been deleted. No..I didn't start another one. Derek Smart has already banned me from his games, don't need to be banned a second time.