Main Menu

FRIDAY bomb

Started by Pete Dero, October 19, 2018, 08:48:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

It is almost friday evening here so :

Still on patrol in Greece (Assassins Creeds Odyssey).

Anguille

I think i will focus on Polaris Sector for this weekend. Maybe watch the stream of Agressors: ancient rome tonight.

Steelgrave

Mostly Fallout 4 but maybe some Battle Brothers, Warlock 2 and Victory and Glory:Napoleon. Panzer Corps has been whispering seductively to me as well, maybe I'll give in.

bob48

Warlock 2 is just such a great games, especially if you have all the DLC and the Renaissance mod, which almost makes it a new game. One of my 'Most Played of all Times' game.  :bd:
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Dammit Carl!

Still on the RO2/Rising Storm 1 & 2 thang, so no change there.

Book-wise, still crankin' on horror (as well as binging on horror movies too; love this month) and reading up on All Flesh Must be Eaten RPG too.

Stay safe, folks, and have fun!

p.s. ...and Yui Metal has left Baby Metal?!?

DoctorQuest

Taking the family to "First Man" on Saturday. Trying to get some stick time on IL-2 BAT and working on a building a Swordfish mission to sink the Bismarck.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

airboy

Not much for me.  Taking the day off work to clean for a 30 person Seafood Boil at my home tomorrow. 

Trying to spend as much time as I can with our elderly, senile 18 year old dog Zippo who will probably be taking the big sleep on Monday.  We are really depressed about it.  He was a wonderful dog until he lost his mind.  Now he gets lost, lost his house training, gets trapped in corners, etc...  But the end is here because he has become "bitey."  We cannot board him any more.  He comes really close to biting both of us regularly.  He walks away from the petting hand.  On the bright side, his previous owners either set him on fire or threw acid on him.  He was terrified and bit six people in the shelter.  He warmed up to us within 24 hours and has been an absolutely wonderful dog from 2006 to last Winter.

Dammit Carl!

Sorry Airboy.

We've three elderly rescues who're starting to show some issues now, so I empathize.

Barthheart

Sorry to hear about your dog Airboy. Zippo is a great name by the way.  :2funny:
Our dog Lucy is 15 and has inoperable cancer on her face, so I can empathize as well... :(

DoctorQuest

Sorry to hear about your dog, Airboy. I will say a prayer for Zippo.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

MengJiao

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 19, 2018, 08:48:51 AM

I'm still in Black Flag south of something that looks kind of like Cuba...Finding Mayan ruins on the Isle of Pines, where there never were any.  I'm on a mission to stop illegal archeology it seems.
   So that and Post Scriptum and probably some Elusive Victory and maybe some FoGII. 

Pete Dero

Quote from: MengJiao on October 19, 2018, 10:18:56 AM

I'm still in Black Flag south of something that looks kind of like Cuba...Finding Mayan ruins on the Isle of Pines, where there never were any.  I'm on a mission to stop illegal archeology it seems.

Are you sure you are not playing a bootleg version of Tomb Raider  :).

Sir Slash

I'm still on my Skyrim obsessed kick. Here's a creepy Dwarven statue I found in an even creepier abandoned Dwarven city.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 19, 2018, 10:26:09 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on October 19, 2018, 10:18:56 AM

Are you sure you are not playing a bootleg version of Tomb Raider  :).

I've never played an Assassins' Creed game before.  They definitely drift pretty quickly into the totally surreal and inexplicable.  For example (and this nutty synopsis will make a lot more sense than the game ever does), the "Assassination Contract" (which I got off a pigeon on a ramshackle dock) specifies "English Grave Robbers" as the target.  The target location apparently has half the Spanish Navy and most of the Army guarding a big guy on top of a "Mayan" pyramid.  What they are doing there is hard to fathom and I use the word almost literally.  Moreover -- while I can buy massive naval ordinance for about 700 reales, a pair of swords costs about 10 times as much.  And people wonder why we don't still live in the 18th century.  Or they do at Absurdo HQ -- or do they?

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 19, 2018, 10:41:15 AM
I'm still on my Skyrim obsessed kick. Here's a creepy Dwarven statue I found in an even creepier abandoned Dwarven city.

Ah, yes I recall the dwoemer (or however they spell it). There's a whole underground open-air territory to mess around in, too, eventually, lit by fungi.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!