Surviving Mars (merged threads)

Started by steve58, May 12, 2017, 10:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

RedArgo

The theme of this is very interesting, I'm facinated by humans colonizing Mars, although I don't think I'd actually want to go there.

I think it said 2018, so I'll be following it closely.

Jarhead0331

Take on Mars has turned into a pretty detailed simulation. If you're interested in Mars, you should definitely check it out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

I plan to wait until they add DLC to it that allow the Aztecs to invade Mars.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

RedArgo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 12, 2017, 10:40:24 AM
Take on Mars has turned into a pretty detailed simulation. If you're interested in Mars, you should definitely check it out.

That looks great, never heard of it before.  Reviews are kinda mixed, around stability mostly, but its on sale for $13 right now, so pretty low risk in any case.

I can't tell for sure from the videos, is it first person?  Unfortunately, those frequently give me motion sickness now.  Stupid aging.

In any case, thanks for pointing this out.

JasonPratt

TakeOn Mars is, indeed, first person. From the reviews, though, you will probably die of wonky-insane physic bugs before you get motion sick. ;)

I've wishlisted it for later, but I'm sure not buying now.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: RedArgo on May 12, 2017, 11:03:17 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 12, 2017, 10:40:24 AM

That looks great, never heard of it before.  Reviews are kinda mixed, around stability mostly, but its on sale for $13 right now, so pretty low risk in any case.

I can't tell for sure from the videos, is it first person?  Unfortunately, those frequently give me motion sickness now.  Stupid aging.

In any case, thanks for pointing this out.

It uses an engine similar to ARMA, so it has 1st and 3rd person views. If you're interested, I'd be happy to make a Let's Play video. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

RedArgo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 12, 2017, 12:47:07 PM
It uses an engine similar to ARMA, so it has 1st and 3rd person views. If you're interested, I'd be happy to make a Let's Play video.

That'd be great if you have the time.

chemkid

c'mon!? any game on mars must be supported!!! ...still waiting for the fuel AND the chainsaw in one game TOGETHER!!!

...since, ...the 80s or what?! what?! not!?

cheers!

btw, this is the 'Computer Wargaming' on gh's (...still with my homemade fake tee...) and everyone's a wanky because 'em pdox has 'em pants down - ready to suck gold?! what!!!? ;) ...you're soooo~ funny, y'all!

JasonPratt

Quote from: RedArgo on May 12, 2017, 12:49:22 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 12, 2017, 12:47:07 PM

That'd be great if you have the time.

Ditto!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Anguille

Haemimont games is teaming up with Paradox for a new city-builder....looks promising!

Will get this for sure.  :smitten:

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Anguille