Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Congrats!  The Russian Civil War scenario is next on my list after finishing up Pillars of Eternity.

airboy

I finished Pillars of Eternity including both expansions.  I whacked Thaos, the lich, won the battle of Yenwood Fields, and killed the Master Below.

I chose to return the souls to the babies. 

-budd-

That's impressive, how many game hours to finish it all. I still have to get back to Pillars, i tried the master below way to early and didn't have much success.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Airboy. I also chose to send the souls back to the babies. There will be repercussions for that in Pillars 2.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: -budd- on May 26, 2018, 08:35:55 PM
That's impressive, how many game hours to finish it all. I still have to get back to Pillars, i tried the master below way to early and didn't have much success.

I restarted twice.  Once early on when I was figuring it out.  The second restart was after I had not touched the game for a year or more and decided to whip through the first third.  There is 203 hours total, but I get OCD about doinging everything.

Sir Slash

291 Hours for me total. I can't bring myself to un-install it.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

Bought Firewatch today and finished it today. it's 3 to 4 hours of playtime. It's basically a story driven walking simulator. That's not to say i didn't enjoy because strangely i did. The visual theme and voice acting is good. I had no prior info on what the game was about, so i went in cold. While playing i'm trying to figure out what's up, where this game going, my mind wandering through all the directions the game could possible go. After i had finished the game i spent some time trying to figure out what the creators had in mind and what they were trying to get across, and that's pretty rare in my gaming experience. For that reason alone i feel the juice was worth the squeeze.............sometimes the simplest answers are indeed correct because when i thought back on the game the theme was obvious.

-budd-

Finished Serious Sam the First Encounter HD & Serious Sam the Second Encounter HD. I actually didn't realize i was playing part Two, with the new Serious Sam Fusion front end it went seamlessly from one to two. Didn't realize i was on the Second encounter until i only had two chapters left. i think of the three Sam games, the second encounter is my favorite, varied environments and it throws some crazy sh*t at you. Looking forward to Sam 4 next year.

airboy

Budd you are on a roll!

-budd-

I have a few games near the end, just getting back to finishing them up. i have to fool myself that i will actually play and finish the games i buy ;D . I'm on the verge of finishing up Space Hulk: Deathwing, but i'm losing steam and interest in the game so may just call it done with 2 chapters to go.

airboy

Rayfer

Quote from: airboy on July 07, 2018, 11:26:35 AM
I finally finished my Eldritch Horror game (and AAR).
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=20985.msg570995#msg570995

I don't know anything about the game but anyone who can finish any game gets my congrats... :notworthy:

Sir Slash

Way to go Airboy! Congrats on the win.  O0

Barthheart

Finally completed a Stellaris game. Federation win. Yeah Humans!

JasonPratt

So you get to claim what's in the center of the galaxy!  :bd:

[spoiler]What's in the center is a dumbass black hole that just sends you to another galaxy to start over again, and/or possibly to hell. The center is no man's sky, really; it's a silly place.[/spoiler]
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!