Stellaris and Battletech new DLCs!

Started by Steelgrave, June 04, 2019, 05:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

So both Stellaris and Battletech have dropped new DLC's today! Ancient Relics for Stellaris and Urban Warfare for Battletech. Damn, I want to play both and I mean right now!!! Coin flip time.....

Jarhead0331

HOI IV has 2 new content DLCs, as well...Axis Armor and Radio.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Steelgrave

It's a good time to be a gamer!

Gus squeeee in 5....4....3....   8)

Gusington

SQUEEE.

I have been waiting for the Urban Warfare dlc :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Plus I like they named the ancient relics patch after Gene Wolfe.

I may have to boot up Stellaris to actually get a game going..?!?

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Silent Disapproval Robot

I wish there were a way to roll back updates on Paradox games.  I've tried getting back into Stellaris (used to play it all the time) but I just do not care for the overhaul of the economic system.  I gave myself time to get used to it but I find it's tedious and I much prefer the old system.

Jarhead0331

^I think I agree with this general sentiment. I still enjoy the game, but not as much as I used to before the DLCs and gane changing patches. The economy is not the only negative change, too. Fleet mechanics, space travel, etc. have all been rendered lame in one way or another.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

I shall wait. Too much other stuff to play right now. What with naval action, DCS, steel division 2 etc.
Need a new story campaign proper... hopefully by then all the great new features will be in this game via the DLC packs.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Myrmidon

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 04, 2019, 06:11:10 PM
I wish there were a way to roll back updates on Paradox games.  I've tried getting back into Stellaris (used to play it all the time) but I just do not care for the overhaul of the economic system.  I gave myself time to get used to it but I find it's tedious and I much prefer the old system.

This thread specifies how to do just that.  I've had to do it for EU4 when my save games would get messed up by an update and wanted to finish a game.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/281990/discussions/0/1732087825007991514/

Silent Disapproval Robot

Thanks.  I'll give it a look.  How does it work with DLC though? 

Myrmidon

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on June 05, 2019, 11:51:47 AM
Thanks.  I'll give it a look.  How does it work with DLC though?

Good question... honestly don't know.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on June 04, 2019, 05:43:49 PM
SQUEEE.

I have been waiting for the Urban Warfare dlc :)

It's more than Urban Warfare.  It also finally introduces ECM and counter ECM.  Appropriately for Electronic Warfare, the Raven is the new mech introduced in the expansion.  Now you've got a reason to bring a light in your lance.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

FarAway Sooner

I haven't played Stellaris as much as some of you, but so far, I'm fine with some of the game-changing patches.  The "warp lanes only" scheme is disappointing (I much prefer the "You can fly through normal space, but you go slower" approach of ES2), but not a show-stopper for me.

I'm also OK with the economic changes so far.  Micromanaging tiles after immigration by the mid-game was the most tedious part of that title.  I really like the way they've rejiggered migration.

jamus34

I have to agree with most of the comments here.

I'm also not happy with the change to forced star lanes however Stellaris is beginning to feel like the space grand strategy game it was meant to be vs a generic 4x that we have seen ad infinitum. Managing overall production capabilities vs micromanaging meeple placement, a meshed economic system that for the most part requires planned growth vs spamming.

The two main things I do not like is loss of creating sectors that reduce your empire count and the fleet / military system. Would like to see more improvement there.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

I know for a fact that rolling back CK2 versions (which can only go back so far but which do go back a long ways) will also disable functionality for DLCs beyond the version. (In my case, a great Dark Ages mod doesn't yet work with the version of the game which introduces the, supposedly final, Holy War DLC. It doesn't work well with several other DLC either, but was designed to work with the update up to just before Holy War's update.)

I feel pretty safe inferring from principle that the same is true for Stellaris and other Paradox titles with rollback features. The patch/updates add the functionality for the DLC (among some other things).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!