Tobii Eye / Head Tracking

Started by ArizonaTank, October 26, 2018, 09:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I decided to take the plunge. The Amazon fairy delivers it tomorrow.

Will let folks know how it goes.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Philippe

And please let us know if you wear glasses when playing games (because my eyes have deteriorated as I've gotten older and I have to wear them to see what's on the monitor).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Philippe

Now that you've had a little while to use the eye tracker, how do you feel about it?

I'm considering it again because it will be available on Amazon and slightly cheaper than TrackIR.

I was only considering using it for three games: Rise of Flight, Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad, and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Not sure if it works with Rise of Flight, but it's native enough to Il-2 BoS and KC:D. 

The only thing I'm really worried about is the reflective glare of my reading glasses.

Input welcome.

jamus34

FYI I believe they are sticking this in one of the new VR headsets. Dunno which one though.
Insert witty comment here.

Skoop

I've thought of getting a tobii as well.  I have TIR5 with a rechargeable battery trackhat clip led attached to my headset.  Works great when I'm on a headset, but 50% of the time I'm on speakers and I'll have to use my head set just for the Tir sensor.  Liking the idea of the tobii so I can get head tracking with out having some apparatus on my body.

ArizonaTank

I had trouble mounting it. It is built for a laptop. My desktop screen is curved, so I could never get it set correctly.  I managed to rig something, but it just never worked correctly for me. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Philippe

I think someone from the company wrote somewhere that it only works on flat screens.