Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Nice! I love that tank except for the VERY limited range of the FT.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

From my ACW 2 Campaign as the South. October 1861 was a month of battle in the Shenandoah. Mc Dowell and J.E. Johnson clash 3 times in 2 weeks with Mc Dowell taking the first two but Johnson giving him a right proper bloody nose in the third allowing Johnson to run south to Staunton to re-establish his supply and cohesion.

Meanwhile P.G.T. Beauregard had cut the North's supply line by storming into Winchester to the north, fulfilling the meticulously laid plan of our brilliant President, Jeff Slash Davis. But the wily Mc Dowell had left behind Ben Butler with a division to prosecute the siege of Strasberg. If Butler could take Strasberg with it's Supply Depot, the Feds would still have supply to keep fighting.

So Beauregard moved south to smack Butler away from the siege and chased him south toward New Market. However as you can see below, Gen. Mc Dowell takes advantage of that move to steal a march on us and gets past Beauregard heading north to re-establish his supply and repair his cohesion.  :pullhair:

So I order Beauregard to ignore Butler and go hell-for-leather after Mc Dowell before he can get away. But Butler can't be left by himself so near to the Supply Depot, Johnson's partially recovered army( only 50% ammo) is sent back north to watch him.

This is the last turn before the weather will turn and end campaigning season and I'd like to go out with a couple of big wins. I push, 'End Turn' and....
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

One thing I love about this game is the unpredictable nature of it's gameplay. One thing I HATE about this game is...the unpredictable nature of it's gameplay. You can see below the results of my prefect plan to trap and destroy Mc Dowell's army before winter. Beauregard predictably moves as slow as molasses running uphill and Mc Dowell scampers away safely.  :pullhair:

Meanwhile J.E. Johnson also is delayed moving north and Butler slips the noose too. That's him in the locomotive at the top of the screenie giving the middle finger to Johnson and Beauregard.  :pullhair: :pullhair:

Worse yet Union detachments are still besieging Strasberg and Winchester so I'll have to send my forces north to deal with them and now that the winter has set in, snow and mud everywhere, the attrition rate for my troops will skyrocket. And... the bad weather has caused epidemics to break-out in some of my forces in the East and South causing 30% casualties and 50% loss of cohesion in them.  :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:

Rayfer

Excellent AAR Sir Slash. In spite of its age, this remains an awesome game I frequently go back to.

Sir Slash

Thanks Rayfer. One of my favorites too despite the hair-pulls.

Sir Slash

Pillars 2: Beast of Winter DLC. Come on Obsidian! Are you REALLY gonna make me massacre a whole family of Polar Bears? Couldn't you guys come-up with some evil, giant Ice Cockroaches or something? Polar Bears are cute and cuddly. And they drink Coca-Cola on TV.

Rayfer

Nice screenie. I just got Pillars 2 during the holiday sales but haven't gotten far into it yet.

Sir Slash

MOS:96B2P

Combat Mission Red Thunder.  T-34 firing canister.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

A Canadian Cat

I do love watching canister shot flying around. I have  battle going now where an M5 has used canister rounds on single enemy soldiers running away. Now that's cruel.

Moreb

When dongles fly? - mirth

MOS:96B2P

NICE!!  Is the screenshot from Mius Front? 

Moreb

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on February 02, 2020, 11:02:52 AM
NICE!!  Is the screenshot from Mius Front?

Yes it is. I whipped up a quick points battle that turned into one hell of a tank fight.My OOB included a captured KV-1S that was hit 43 times. Only the gunner was alive and every so often he would get off a shot, killing several. Immobilized, it sat blasting it out until a T-34 it had blown the tracks off of bested him with a final death shot. Quite the duel. Here is the victorious T-34.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Sir Slash

Got a little ACW 2 in over the weekend and here's the latest. November 1861: If you thought war would be put on hold for bad weather, like I did, you were wrong.

Beauregard pushes up the Shenandoah in the rain and mud to Winchester and looking for dry clothes and gets hit 3 times in one turn. First by Mc Dowell and then twice further by a new player, Edwin Sumner. Beauregard, 'The Rock of the Shenandoah', takes all 3 battles. Here's the largest and bloodiest.