Nationalism destroyed all...

Started by Keunert, February 08, 2012, 04:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^Wow. I'll make sure not to introduce your Dad to my dog. That is some crazy stuff.

I know I've seen some clips of some of the Dorchester prison riots on tv. There was one clip where almost the entire prison was out of control and some inmates went up to the roof and threw all kinds of crap down on the police and guards, it looked like Bedlam.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

The coolest story Dad ever told me was that one day when they came on shift and they suspected there was going to be "trouble" The warden lined up all the guards and informed them that "No one goes over the wire. I expect all inmates to be dropped on this side of the fence." Later that day they did have trouble, but it was after my Old Man's shift. They put one guard up in the rafters above all of the tiers with a shotgun and a army issue kit bag full of shotgun shells. I guess he tamed things down very quickly.

LongBlade

Well, that would do it, wouldn't it?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MIGMaster

Ah....the good ole days when inmates were targets and not mis-understood social deviants created by a poor upbringing.... makes me kinda misty

Gusington

Migsy are you a cop or a corrections officer? Neither?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

I'm a Casework Supervisor for Income Assistance. Been with them in different capacities for little over 20 yrs now. 40Cent and I started around the same time. Before that  I used to work with young offenders in an open custody half-way house for about 2 yrs. I ran some re-integration training for inmates with 100 days or less in the local provincial jail for about 3 years as a contract job on the side and up until about 2 years ago, I used to do some employment and training sessions with the guys doing federal time at the Springhill institution.

I'm so damaged from working with social miscreants for so long, I could never function in a "normal"workplace  ;)

LongBlade

Well, that explains why you like us so much.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

MIGMaster

It's not often that I find a place where I fit in  ;D

Gusington

Sounds like 'interesting' work as long as you get some respect, Migs. If you've been doing it for 20 years then I guess it can't be that bad eh?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

The "It's not that bad" factor is directly proportional to the amount of meds I can access  :o

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

Centurion40

Quote from: MIGMaster on February 11, 2012, 11:30:38 AM
Thank You - I think  ???

I could tell stories... but that works both ways.
Any time is a good time for pie.