Going to the Dogs!

Started by airboy, January 31, 2017, 11:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

We went to Auburn's Men's Miserable Basketball game tonight.  [They did not hustle & made me mad].

But at halftime we saw the winners of America's Got Talent! - A group of Fuzzy dogs doing lots of fun dog tricks!  It was wonderful!  Dogs are here to be our friends and amuse us.  A few are useful (watch dogs, hunting dogs).  But most dogs are not useful as working dogs and are our friends and family jesters.

But the dogs were wonderful.  Got a huge round of applause.  And the dogs were really happy making their owners happy and having fun!  Tails wagging everywhere!

besilarius

Airboy, I agree with your post.
It occurred to me, though, that this would be even more awesome if you substituted Grogs for dogs as you read it.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

DoctorQuest

I don't really think the world is ready for a bunch of Grogs wagging their tails.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Sir Slash

The Pug: "If I can't eat it or screw it, I'm not interested".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.