New Gaming Rig for 2k or Under

Started by Gusington, April 08, 2015, 12:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Perhaps. Right now I am on the train going home from a summer beer fest in the city. I you guys lather me up enough I'll just buy the rig with this here phone. I have an hour and half to kill.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

You know, Gus, it's verrrrry, verrrry easy to accidentally push the wrong button on a phone, they're so damn tiny!!! Who could be mad over an accident?    O:-)

Gusington

It's also so very easy to remove my nuts and display them on the mantle.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

Be careful Gus, i read some newer processors have less power than ones from a couple years ago.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Gusington

^Really? I know about the NVidia 'scandal' with the GeForce 970 cards, which IIRC is now worked out...haven't heard anything about processors.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

They seem to be working on power efficiency, deciding processing power is plenty. Its possible the articles are about laptop cpus, i am not up on current model numbers. Iirc the discusion was at toms hardware.

Mr. Bigglesworth

In their cpu benchmarks section the first eDmark test is

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/cpu-charts-2015/-14-3DMark,3706.html

The top score goes to an i5, the second to an i7, then both intermixed, not in clockspeed sequence, till the 10th is an i3. Out of a massive list.

What does it all mean? I'm so confused! Actually, i dont give a shit any more because my 2yr old bargain acer laptop, with integrated graphics, seems to run all my games on a 42" 1080p screen very well. I did the counterstrike video stress test, it was at over 150 fps. I had to turn up the candy settings.

Gusington

^I tend to agree. To me power supply, video card and memory are at the top of the list. Processor is 2nd. I'm looking at i-chips exclusively anyway which score high anyway.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

One thing that IMO would be very valuable is getting the amazing fire hdx or samsung tablet screens onto a pc. Given everything you do is experienced through that portal, it would make a real experience benefit. Is there a video card that can drive 4k tvs at full res? Im guessing they max out at 2560x whatever.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on May 30, 2015, 11:50:35 AM
Further delay until July/August...furnace and water heater :/

Why do I own a house again?

QFT.

Always something, huh?

Gusington

The last couple of weeks have been multiple somethings. Luckily this time it was just an exhaust fan that was loose...but that's spooked me enough to hold on to the money, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Mirth and I have decided to replace you with Brant.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 01, 2015, 09:46:33 AM
Mirth and I have decided to replace you with Brant.
How's that gonna work?  He's nowhere near the proper height.  ??? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

It's about time I got released from such a lopsided contract.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd