Discuss GrogCast Episode 11!

Started by bayonetbrant, May 19, 2015, 01:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I think "ol' pidgeonhole" is probably something out of GILF pr0n. Or, "Tuesday night" as mirth calls it.

mirth

I middle aged, every night is GILF pr0n night.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

"Middle age" is pretty debatable, though. That statement assumes you're in the middle of your life. Personally I think I'll be lucky to have 10 years left in me, and that's if I avoid the GILFs.

Cyrano

"Pounding it into the Ole Pigeonhole Since 2015"

Winner...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

I think you've both given me something to work with.  >:D

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 21, 2015, 12:07:49 PM
"Middle age" is pretty debatable, though. That statement assumes you're in the middle of your life. Personally I think I'll be lucky to have 10 years left in me, and that's if I avoid the GILFs.

Excellent point. By that reasoning, I'm in my twilight years. However, GILFs are still applicable.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

While we don't want to complete neuter the spirit of the site in the GrogCast, let's also keep in mind that this is a very high-visibility effort for us, and a lot of people are finding us for the first time through the GrogCast.  There's a fine line around here between an accurate impression of the place, and the wrong impression of the place :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Oh, please. Do you REALLY think you'd let me get away with saying "Welcome to the GrogCast, the podcast pidgeonholing you since 2015"?

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 21, 2015, 01:31:47 PM
While we don't want to complete neuter the spirit of the site in the GrogCast, let's also keep in mind that this is a very high-visibility effort for us, and a lot of people are finding us for the first time through the GrogCast.  There's a fine line around here between an accurate impression of the place, and the wrong impression of the place :)

Again, do you even listen to the podcasts? :P

BanzaiCat

...or read the forums?

Considering what's IN the forums that we're trying to drive traffic towards...

:coolsmiley:

mirth

I thought we were trying to drive traffic toward the Mythical Front Page, not this wretched hive of scum and villainy.

BanzaiCat

mirth

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 21, 2015, 01:34:33 PM
Oh, please. Do you REALLY think you'd let me get away with saying "Welcome to the GrogCast, the podcast pidgeonholing you since 2015"?

I think you'd try
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

How about substituting 'pidgeon' with 'corn'?