Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Cpl. mirth takes aim at the kubelwagen and fires! The bullet strikes the door harmlessly.
Staggerwing jumps up and charges the German in the street near him. The start wrestling in the dirt. (No effect)
JD tries to steady his rifle but his throbbing foot throws off his aim and the bullet goes wide of the unconscious soldier in the woods across the road.
SDR manages short jog up to the crest near JD.
Sgt. B_C leaves the dead German and starts running towards the sounds of fighting.

New rounds start. US rolls a 1 , Germans roll a 1. Germans get advantage on ties. Staggerwing, JD, and SDR automatically panic as their number is in the panic zone.

The sentry (L) in the guard hut throws himself to the floor looking for something...
The German wrestling with Staggerwing suddenly breaks free, fires off a few quick rounds at Stagger, which miss, and then starts running around the corner of the building.

B_C and mirth now both get an action.

undercovergeek

oh man this going to go bad

Double Deuce

Well, when my turns comes, and if he's still there, I'm hoping to get a clean shot at German [M] running down the road towards the guard shack.

BanzaiCat

Is there a clear line of fire from J12 to N13?

If so I want to move to J12. I don't think I can make it there in one turn, though.

Barthheart

B_C, I'm not understanding your orders...?

Yes it is a clear LOS from N13 to J12. But you are no where near N13 or J12? You are way over in Q14.....  ???

Staggerwing

Maybe he meant 'move to N13' (so he would have LOS on 'J12')?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Barthheart on November 29, 2014, 08:17:54 AM
B_C, I'm not understanding your orders...?

Yes it is a clear LOS from N13 to J12. But you are no where near N13 or J12? You are way over in Q14.....  ???

Read my second line...

"If so I want to move to J12. I don't think I can make it there in one turn, though."

I wasn't sure if I could make that in one move/turn - I was thinking P13 > O13 > N12.

Barthheart

OK, will run this tonight.... still need mirth's action.....

BanzaiCat

I think Mirth should shoot at the unwounded SS dude in M4.

And sorry, Barth. I just reread what I wrote and I wasn't trying to sound like a dick. If I did, my apologies, I didn't mean it. I was in a hurry as I didn't have a lot of computer time this weekend thanks to the family. :)

Barthheart

That's OK, I know yer a dick so you just sounded normal.  ;D

The unwounded dude in M4 is in the vehicle and is actually pretty hard to hit.... blowing away the wounded General might scare the Aide enough to make him leave... maybe. Just a suggestion...

BanzaiCat

Oh, sorry...I missed that about him being in the car.

Sure, I'm for obliterating the General.

Ucg, you have a suggestion for mirth's aim otherwise?

undercovergeek

no lets him kick the generals ass

Barthheart

B_C sprints up the slope, over the crest and crouches near JD.
mirth fires a shot at the General as he is moving to get into the staff car. The bullet goes wide of the mark.
Just then the German running towards the guard shack snap fires his machine pistol at DD and misses.
There is a loud "CLICK!" from the guard shack as one soldier cowers on his belly and the other throws the hidden switch.

The General finishes entering the kubelwagen ungracefully just as the Aide steps on the gas and roars away.
The third German runs toward the shack and throws himself on the ground as the wooden railway bridge disappears is a cloud of smoke and splinters.

Meanwhile the staff car barely maintains control as it swerves on to the road leading out of town to the west.

UCG and DD now get an action each. Both bridges are gone so your primary mission is gone with it. You can still earn VP's by killing/capturing Germans and NOT getting your own forces killed.
The scenario ends when all of you have left the map by any edge or there are no active Germans on the map.

undercovergeek

can we bazooka the guard shack yet

Staggerwing

Shit.
I need 1 action to load the 'zooka first, then another to fire unless someone else can get here and fire it on the action that I load it. Is that allowed? If I load it on my next action and there is someone else in my hex can I instantly hand it off so they can shoot?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys