Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Con on November 19, 2014, 10:11:13 PM
I was thinking keep it simple you can see and do anything you currently do now. You just can't plan together and decide how to execute the plan unless you are in command/communication radius of each other.   Out of command range well all you can do us list your action in the forum and let the chips fall

Con

Ah, okay, I see what you're saying. Those out of command would have to PM their moves to Barth while those in command/those that are commanders can collaborate openly in the thread?

Barthheart

So I tried PM'ing mirth to get his ass in here. Are you gonna wait for him or just give him orders?

Let me know when yer ready to go... and in which order...

undercovergeek

mirth strikes me as the kind of guy who would run into a building, spin round and snapshot a round into the head of an SS officer - just in a dress like Clinger from Mash

lets go with that

Barthheart

OK, so can you digest it all into who does what when for me? Thanks. O0

undercovergeek

bc first - i think we agreed, assault german and stab to death

jd stands and shoots at L12

then DD does the same

mirth, M4, M5 kill officer shooting at bob

me, r10, r9, q9, p8 and crouch

SDR to 013

and SW to K10

Barthheart

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 20, 2014, 10:05:31 AM

then DD does the same

SDR to 013

and SW to K10

mirth: I assumed you meant moves to N4 then M5, then shoots at officer...

Barthheart

Quote from: Barthheart on November 20, 2014, 04:42:19 PM

then DD does the same

SDR to 013

and SW to K10

More problems with your orders:

For mirth to move to N4 then M5 costs him 3 of his 4 movement points and his free stance change, so he won't be able to shoot from M5 but he could crouch there.
For you to move to R10, R9, Q9, P8 uses your 4 movement points and your stance change so you would not be able to crouch in P8.
SDR is wounded and so gets no free stance change. For him to move to O13 would cost 1 to stand, 1 to move to P12 and 1 to move to O13.

Same goes for JD standing and firing but he doesn't need to stand to shoot so he'll just shoot. Prone is better protection for him.
DD will also just shoot. Crouching is better protection for him.

Would you like me to carry out your orders as much as possible or do you want to amend them?

undercovergeek

Quote from: Barthheart on November 20, 2014, 05:03:42 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 20, 2014, 04:42:19 PM

then DD does the same

SDR to 013

and SW to K10

More problems with your orders:

For mirth to move to N4 then M5 costs him 3 of his 4 movement points and his free stance change, so he won't be able to shoot from M5 but he could crouch there.

Do this for Mirth

For you to move to R10, R9, Q9, P8 uses your 4 movement points and your stance change so you would not be able to crouch in P8.

Leave me standing in P8

SDR is wounded and so gets no free stance change. For him to move to O13 would cost 1 to stand, 1 to move to P12 and 1 to move to O13.

Lets go to P12

Same goes for JD standing and firing but he doesn't need to stand to shoot so he'll just shoot. Prone is better protection for him.

Cool

DD will also just shoot. Crouching is better protection for him.

Cool

Would you like me to carry out your orders as much as possible or do you want to amend them?

Barthheart

Got it. Will run tonight.

Barthheart

Sgt. B_C stands and rushes the prone sentry next to the church. They start scuffling around and B_C sees panic appear in the sentry's eyes. (All you managed from the charge assault was a panic result)
JD concentrates hard on ignoring the pain in his foot and takes a shot at the German across the path. Zip! The bullet flies past the soldier's head.
PFC Double Deuce gets to fire his first shot in anger this war. He takes careful aim... and hits the German in the stomach.
Mirth scoots from his hiding position in the garbage pile and sneaks into the stone building near the kubelwagen to help Bob.
Ssgt. UCG sees all is going well in the center, so takes off to see if he can help out at the north end of the hamlet. Just as he clear the house to the West he catches a glimpse of a helmet in a window...

Neither SDR nor SW can see this new threat. Do you want them to continue with their orders or change them?

undercovergeek

unless the game can simulate me spotting him and waving them over i think its only fair to continue on

bob48

Mirth - you'll need a first aid kit, buddy.

...don't happen to have a pickled onion. I suppose?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

If that German in the building in N9 stays there will he be able to spot me after my 1st move to K10?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 21, 2014, 05:48:32 PM
unless the game can simulate me spotting him and waving them over i think its only fair to continue on

Good call.