Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10
Just trying it
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

if you back to modify the post, or modify a quote with a roll in it, it'll give you a 'tamper' message
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

[blockquote]Rolled 6d20 : 18, 14, 20, 9, 11, 17, total 89[/blockquote]

Barthheart

OK, lots going on, a squillion paragraphs referenced  :o ,this will take a bit to write up... may not be until Saturday morning.... sorry for the delay.

undercovergeek

are we all still alive??  ???

Barthheart

No hints......

Well, ok, one hint....

More Germans!

O0

Barthheart

Ssgt UCG slowly stands with his back pressed against the building. Taking a deep breath, he dashes around the corner up the street and crouches against the hut the sentry is in. No bullets in the back.... just cold sweat running down his spine.

At the north end of the hamlet Cpl mirth hears a muffled command in German coming from the stone building to his west. (SS General giving his action to the Aide de Camp.)

A burst from a machine pistol rips across the space from the stone building to where Staggerwing crouches next to the weapons canister. Bullets rattle off the canister but the Pvt is unhurt. Mirth then hears the distinct sound of a machine pistol being worked furiously and loud cursing in German. (German's gun jammed.)

Back at the church, the sentry in the steeple takes a quick shot a BC, which just misses.

The sentry then runs down the stairs and out the back door of the church.

The sentry in the small hut stands and takes careful aim at BC's quivering mass and slowly pulls the trigger... and misses!

Pfc Bob hears the crunching of boots in the gravel near the kubelwagen....

Pvt Staggerwing recovers from the machine pistol attack just in time to see a soldier appear from the darkness to his NW. The soldier spots Staggerwing at the same time, crouches and takes a shot with his rifle. The bullet whips by Staggerwing's ear causing him to collapse to the ground in a state of panic.

During all this commotion, Pvt JD fails to notice a soldier, in the trees across the dirt road to the north of him, come up in a crouch and fire his bolt action rifle. Luckily the shot buries itself in a tree near JD instead of in his chest.

Some fun eh?  :D

bob48

Bloody hell...........

OK, can I snap off a shot at this bloke in M4?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

So the next round starts with everyone except Double Deuce and SDR aware that shit id happening.

The init roll gives advantage to the US with them rolling a 7 and the Krauts rolling a 2. Because of the red boxed numbers in the AR track some US soldiers need to check if they are in command.
B_C is in command because he has 2 other soldiers in his command radius that he can use to help keep him command. You need a total of 5 IN in your hex or command radius to keep from panicking. DD and SDR add 3 IN to B_C's 3 IN so he stays in command.
Mirth however has no command radius and is all alone anyway so he panics this round.
Same goes for Staggerwing and JD.

So, UCG you and B_C have the first actions. You can decide who acts first. Please let me know what you want to do and in what order.

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on November 15, 2014, 10:26:22 AM
Bloody hell...........

OK, can I snap off a shot at this bloke in M4?

When your turn comes you can try... or you can jump him and try to capture him... he's worth victory points.... so is his boss.....
He'll get to act before you though....

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

i think for BCs sanity i need to dispatch this guy in S9 first, so is S8 or T8 the square for me?

BanzaiCat

I want to run into the church, the steeple hex specifically, to get out of the line of fire from that asshat to the north and to drop a grenade into the Nazi bastard's hex that just fled said church. Or an SMG burst. Not sure if I can do either after all that.

undercovergeek

prone to crouch to mad dash to maniacal smg burst from the church?!

lol