Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Actually it doesn't look like he can hit you in R8 because there's no window that side (if that's how the mechanics go - which I presume they do and Barth has shown his viewpoints through the two windows in the steeple.

So if he doesn't have any reactionary fire and you can get to R8, you'll be safe I would think.

Good thinking.  O0 That must be why you're the SSGT  :P
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

it looks like a plan, until i here the tink, tink of a grenade landing next to me, and theres a window at the back i can hopefully shoot him through

Barthheart

There is no window on that side so sentry T can not see you out of hex S9.
There is no reaction fire in this game.
There is no facing. A soldier can see and shoot out any side of a hex.
The sentry in the steeple(S13) can see out 5 hexes so he can see R8, but they normally shoot the closet targets first.... ^-^

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I'm f&cking Sgt. Rock reincarnated, mate. I'll fire my Thompson from the hip while yelling generic insults about German heritage.

Barthheart

Not until you stop whimpering like SDR......

BanzaiCat

That's why I'm acting tough - to cover the fact that my counter peed its cardboard pants.

undercovergeek

take me to R8, and ill have him from behind!

Barthheart

Got it... will resolve the rest of the turn tonight.....  >:D

BanzaiCat

"Dear Ma and Pa...it was nice knowing you. Love, B_C."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 13, 2014, 11:26:00 AM
"Dear Ma and Pa...it was nice knowing you. Love, B_C."
Drama queen!  :'(
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

No...drama queen would be:

Dearest Mother and Father:

As we are about to drop onto the Continent to spark the trail of freedom-burning fires throughout oppressed Europe, my thoughts are of home and hearth back on the farm. How is old Mr. Jones doing with his soda shop now that we're all over here fighting? Hopefully he has enough sweet tooths to serve. Har. Har. Har. Har. Tell Pastor Johnson that I hope he is praying for me and the boys, and for you and Pa, and for America and those suffering at the hands of the vile and evil Nazis. We shall give them what for and they won't know we're coming. Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself, plus there are some splendid fellows in my squad that shoot very well (well, some of them anyway).

Your beloved son,
B_C

:D

JudgeDredd

wow...you've thought about that too much!  :P
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

Unfortunately I am capable of such prose at a moment's notice.

bayonetbrant

You can now roll dice in the forum...

{roll}2d6{/roll}

but use straight brackets, or use the new die icon next to the YouTube icon

Note that the die roll wasn't tampered with, that warning comes up b/c I modified the post to put the instructions in above the die roll

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers