JudgeDredd

Cool...I'll check in on MOnday
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

im good with BCs overview

sounds like a plan

Barthheart

So what I hear so far is:

Bob staying prone. and watching for trouble.
Mirth crouching and getting ready to move west: which hex O4 or O5?
Stagger crouching, picking up bazooka into his second port box, changing 3 M1 clips for 3 bazooka rounds.
JD crouching because he can't see anything lying in the bushes and watching for trouble.
SDR saying prone and trying to act invisible.
DD crouching and thinking of moving to P12 then o12.
BC staying prone and watching for trouble.
UCG crouching and moving to U10 then T9.

Sound about right?

You have 3 soldiers with possible move orders mirth, DD and UCG. You can have 1 of these move one hex first then another hex or have someone else move a hex then go back to the first guy moving etc.

Now before you decide who moves where first lets talk about what happens when the shit hits the fan.
Moving to a new hex triggers a check to see if something happens. Different things can happen: German appear, random events (mostly flavour but sometime... exciting), nothing.

If one or more Germans appear then we switch to Action rounds.

First thing that happens there is 2 1d10 are rolled for Initiative. These rolls determine who has advantage and how many actions each play gets in the first round.

The Action Track shown here show what the rolled value will mean for each soldier.

Say for example that you guys roll a 7 and the Germans roll a 6. We look at each of your IN values and put a marker in the proper square.
Since your roll is greater than the Germans you have the advantage and will use the yellow boxes.
UCG's IN value is 4, so under the 4 column we look for the value of the die roll, 7, and see that he will get 2 actions because the 7 is in the upper most yellow box.
If we look at DD's IN value of 2, his column shows that he will get 1 action this round.
If we look at SDR's IN of 1 we can see the he will also get one action. But his number is in a red box. This means there is a chance that he will panic. To keep from panicking he needs to be in the command range of a leader that can add his IN value to get SDR's IN to 5 or more.  Since he is in BC command range he can add BC IN to his own, but BC's IN is only 3 and not enough. Therefore SDR would panic, his mark would move down to the red box in the 1 column and he would get no actions this round.

This points out how important your leaders are and the need to be in their command radius.

The next thing that happens is we determine who of you are Aware of what is going on. To be aware you need to have a Line of Sight (LOS) to the German(s) and you have to pass a Perception test. Do pass you need to roll equal to or less than your Perception rating. If you fail you can't do any actions that round. This is only checked for the first 2 rounds, after that even the dimest of you will figure out something is up from all the gun fire.

Barthheart

So having said all that you can see why it's important to determine who moves first in Operations. You want to get your troops in command before the Germans start popping up.
If UCG can get within 2 hexes of SDR he can add his IN as well so there is less chance for SDR to panic.

Hope that all makes sense.  :P

BC has played a lot and is remembering some good stuff, lean on him for the first bit to get going.

So what I'm looking for is something like this:

UCG moves to U10, then moves to T9. Then DD moves to P12 then Mirth moves to O4 then DD moves to O12. Just an example.
Give me a string of moves. That way I can keep checking until something happens. This will speed the checking/moving process up.

undercovergeek

cool, thanks for that, i figure maybe wrongly, if im furthest away, i should move first in the hope that anything that was between me and the other guys has already been triggered

BanzaiCat

I want to move to a Crouch from Prone, but otherwise I think everything looks good to me.

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 07, 2014, 11:09:31 AM
cool, thanks for that, i figure maybe wrongly, if im furthest away, i should move first in the hope that anything that was between me and the other guys has already been triggered

This is a good idea because you have the highest IN value and a command radius. Any on in your command radius will likely not panic and you can also use your actions to give actions to other players and/or make them aware. So yes you getting to the rest is a goo idea early on.

Also assume every building has Germans in it. Crouch under windows. Try not to move in front of doors... etc.

So this is what I think you want to do:

Bob staying prone. and watching for trouble.
Stagger crouching, picking up bazooka into his second port box, changing 3 M1 clips for 3 bazooka rounds.
JD crouching because he can't see anything lying in the bushes and watching for trouble.
SDR saying prone and trying to act invisible and crying like a little girl.
BC crouching and watching for trouble.
UCG crouching and moving to U10 then T9.
DD crouching and moving to P12.
Mirth crouching then moving O4 or O5? (Tell me which)
DD moving O12.

Please check with yer squad mates.

If this is good I'll run this on Sunday night when I get back from the frozen north.

undercovergeek

looking at map that seems all good

Barthheart

Roger roger.

Mirth to which hex??

Will process on Sunday night.

undercovergeek

does '5' offer more cover?

Barthheart

undercovergeek

Barthheart

Barthheart

So, all your moves happened without incident.

Please tell me what your next moves are.

Staggerwing

Should DD and/or B_C try to drag SDR into the trees in N12 to hide him? If a German spots one of us does that automatically trigger some kind of wider alert and activation?

I could start to work my way closer to the RR bridge so I can get eyes on it.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys