Main Menu

Best of luck

Started by devoncop, August 30, 2023, 04:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devoncop

I know there are a lot of guys over the water in the ex colonies :-)

Just a quick message to wish any of you in Florida or anywhere closeby the best of luck given what looks like a horrendous hurricane about to hit.

You will in all seriousness be in my thoughts.

Stay safe.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

Thank you Gentlemen.  :notworthy:   She stayed far enough out in the gulf that all we got here was some wind and about 5 3/4 inches of rain so far. I woke-up to a Tornado Warning for my town at about 9:15 AM EST but it turned-out to be nothing. Lots of people in the, 'Big Bend' of Florida now have waterfront property for certain.  :HideEyes:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

Living in Europe I don't have any experience with hurricanes or tornadoes but it looks horrifying and those things seem to grow stronger every year.

I hope everybody remains safe.

JasonPratt

Weirdly, we haven't had an F5 tornado in the US for several years; and that's better than it sounds because they're estimated by damage not by measured wind-speed.

And I'm not complaining. My hatred for tornados is pure and undefiled.  :nono2: Fascinating scientifically and artistically, tho!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

WYBaugh

I'm in Jacksonville and really didn't get any rain.  We had some good wind gusts here and there but non-event for having a Cat 1 hurricane pass by around 80 miles west.

devoncop

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

ArizonaTank

Yes, glad all are well.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

CaptainKoloth

Same, I'm nearby and it was fortunately a non-event for me.

Sir Slash

Total of just over 6 inches of rain in my Rain Gauge over the past 2 days, not too bad, many areas were well below the normal rain amounts for summer. All the rain f--cked-up our phone lines killing the Internet for the last 2 days and giving you all a real break from my usual annoyances.  :grin:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.