Is there a rocket scientist in the house?

Started by Toonces, October 03, 2018, 08:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

^ That's gotta be a trick question.  But we'll get back to that.

So tonight apparently there was a SpaceX launch from Vandenburg.  Thank goodness for the wife and Facebook or I'd have had no idea.

We went out at launch, watched, watched, and I'll be damned but we could see the rocket going up, separation from a booster, and then what appeared to be orbital insertion.  That was super epically awesome!  I've never seen a rocket launch, and that was uber cool.

Wifey got it on video, so I'll post that up here at some point. 

Timely.   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

The thumbnails look like sonograms.

What? wait! are.. you.. ?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

Heh. 

We had a real live rocket scientist up in computer gaming, but he just couldn't make his way down here I guess.   :-[