Napoleonic FPS 9 days from steam early access - Holdfast Nations at War

Started by Destraex, September 12, 2017, 04:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Napoleonic FPS\third person warfare? Not sure if this is first person. But you do run around as a character.
9 Days until this game releases for early access. Cavalry confirmed where previously it was a no go. I reckon I may take the plunge. Here is the developers pre-release Q&A list which shows cavalry definitely being in and even some cavalry mechanics being listed. This game will also have ships. sailors, doctors etc. 17 character classes so far. 14 maps confirmed so far as well.
I reckon it will be worth a go... the devs only number 3 and seem very young though. Good on them if this is a success.

http://www.holdfastgame.com/News/Post?p=1026
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

This game will most likely fail since only 10 people will be playing it. Definitely going to have a small community, which is really going to hurt a mp only game, especially one based on napoleonics.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

The prophecy foretold. I will take a risk on it if it's only $20. This game may be the one that makes the period popular.... ww1 was made popular by BF1... but that thing had ridiculous budget support.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on September 12, 2017, 08:26:17 AM
The prophecy foretold. I will take a risk on it if it's only $20. This game may be the one that makes the period popular.... ww1 was made popular by BF1... but that thing had ridiculous budget support.

That, and its WWI in name only. Very little else about it is actually WWI appropriate.

Look at Verdun, on the other hand. By all accounts a really good period authentic game, but held back by its sole emphasis on mp online play. Those games will never have a large community that will stick around for years. Definitely lend themselves to a hardcore base of loyal fans, but that is usually not enough for longevity.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I don't think the developers have even hinted at a SP campaign in development, sadly.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bardolph

Heck I just wish Verdun could do something about the instant headshot guys. I've played a LOT of FPS games since Doom came along and I've seen good players. These guys are somehow much much better than that. Not gonna say anything about aimbots, or wall-hacks or...

I actually found it pretty fun to play otherwise.

Gusington

^Every time I have booted up Verdun I have been shot in the head in 30 seconds.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

jomni

Destraex

Nefaro

Looks so similar to Mount & Blade Napoleonic Wars, with which I've had many fun (and funny) MP battles.

Will keep it in mind for the future.  But I'm not doing much Early Access these days.  Especially Alpha.  Too many finished games yet unplayed. 

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on September 13, 2017, 08:23:58 AM
Looks so similar to Mount & Blade Napoleonic Wars, with which I've had many fun (and funny) MP battles.

Will keep it in mind for the future.  But I'm not doing much Early Access these days.  Especially Alpha.  Too many finished games yet unplayed.

Does it have line battles?