I've been sent to warn you, the FRIDAY is right next door

Started by MetalDog, August 03, 2018, 05:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Happy Friday, peeps!  It's going to be some more Civ IV this weekend along with the Yankees/Red Sox series.  Go YANKS!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

jamus34

Quote from: MetalDog on August 03, 2018, 05:25:15 AM

Happy Friday, peeps!  It's going to be some more Civ IV this weekend along with the Yankees/Red Sox series.  Go YANKS!!!

Rough start to the series for you MD. I was at an Irish pub last night so caught some of the game. Sabathia looked brutal.

Still no gaming from me but looking to continue learning Endless Space 2 and also pull the wrapping paper off of Star Traders Frontiers next week.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

I'll pretend I saw no mention of tha Yankees...like Met fans have been doing.

Obligatory vacation with The Family this week to beautiful, festive Cape May NJ...so no gaming for the most part.

Once I return (if I return) I will finish Dishonored:Death of the Outsider and then begin Vietnam '65.

Enjoy your weekend!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

3:30 today will be the start of 2 weeks of vacation!  :D

During that time:

The garage walls will finally be finished and painted.
Rust spots on my Tucson need to be fixed up.
General yard work.
Many hours around and in pool with beer.  8)

Started playing No Man's Sky after latest patch. Nice relaxing game to play just wandering about the galaxy.
Still thinking of getting TOAW IV... because this time I'll understand it right?... Right?
New Kriegspiel is in full swing so will be doing that too.

Still have Seal Team Flix on the table. Seriously fun game. Not as simple as it first appears. Without proper planning your missions can go sideways fast. Might write a review for this while on vacation.

sandman2575

Quote from: MetalDog on August 03, 2018, 05:25:15 AM
It's going to be some more Civ IV this weekend along with the Yankees/Red Sox series.  Go YANKS!!!

I'm with ya, MD, as a lifelong Yankees fan who has the ironic fate of living in Boston for the past 20 yrs... I assume you saw last night's debacle, however.   :(

Intrigued by Star Traders: Frontiers, which is on sale on Steam for a mere $12.  Picked it up and looking forward to giving it a go.

bbmike

Gus and Barthheart, enjoy your vacations! I've been drawn back into 7 Days to Die and will explore the (new for me) Alpha 16 build. On the table, I plan on trying to learn Star Trek Frontiers again.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

Thank you bb.

And sandman...stay strong behind enemy lines. Always remember you are not alone.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I should check in on 7DtD occasionally.

Usual plan continues:

Crisis Grogs mp of Falling Sky as I consolidate defense of the Belgian homeland.

Screaming like a little Nazi girl and running away from Shelldrake in the Strategic Command Classic Grogfest competition.

Prepping for THE GROGPUBLIC OF ROME has taken some giant steps forward: all the cards are now in the game, and I'll probably just keep most of the current chips since those should be easily re-produceable if the imgurs somehow go away. (The 20 legions and fleets might be a problem, since I don't have good scans for those yet, nor the veteran allegiance chips, but for the same reason they're going to be hard for me to directly recreate. But they won't be hard to haxor up effective substitutes if I have to.)

So I don't lack much, if anything, opening up a call for players, but I'm planning to wait a couple more weeks before doing so.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

sandman2575

Quote from: Gusington on August 03, 2018, 08:09:41 AM
And sandman...stay strong behind enemy lines. Always remember you are not alone.

Hey thanks, man. There have been times -- mostly circa 2003-2007 -- when I wouldn't wear my Yanks cap out in public  : )

In seriousness though, it's awesome that The Rivalry is alive again. The Yanks have been so boring for so long, and the Red Sox so complacent after winning 3 WS, that it's actually exciting to see the two teams with great young players go head-to-head again. It's not quite the legendary ARod vs. Varitek brawl level of animosity yet, but it may be getting there.

Have fun in Cape May -- I know it well -- my fam used to vacation in Stone Harbor when I was a kid. Great places.

Rayfer

Quote from: sandman2575 on August 03, 2018, 10:25:04 AM

Hey thanks, man. There have been times -- mostly circa 2003-2007 -- when I wouldn't wear my Yanks cap out in public  : )

In seriousness though, it's awesome that The Rivalry is alive again. The Yanks have been so boring for so long, and the Red Sox so complacent after winning 3 WS, that it's actually exciting to see the two teams with great young players go head-to-head again. It's not quite the legendary ARod vs. Varitek brawl level of animosity yet, but it may be getting there.

Have fun in Cape May -- I know it well -- my fam used to vacation in Stone Harbor when I was a kid. Great places.

It truly is a small world...Stone Harbor was our family place to visit for a summer day on the beach. And Cape May, Ocean City and Wildwood too.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gonna play either The Expanse or Brass: Birmingham tomorrow evening with some gaming buddies.  Other than that, it's work, work, and more work. 

Barth.  Holidays?  That sounds like a call for Lock 'N Load.

Barthheart

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 03, 2018, 12:22:29 PM
Gonna play either The Expanse or Brass: Birmingham tomorrow evening with some gaming buddies.  Other than that, it's work, work, and more work. 

Barth.  Holidays?  That sounds like a call for Lock 'N Load.

Ooooo... that's a good idea.  O0

Tuna

Thank you bb.

Well hopefully he's not a Giants fan! Where are you in Boston Sandman?

DennisS

Board game action..running a Gloomhaven campaign for four other folks.

When not doing that, I will play my new addiction, Parkitect. Hella fun.

Battletech will get some PT, need to upgrade my lance....third attempt at a campaign, got about 2/3rds the way through with the last one.

Wolfe1759

My plan had been Star Traders Frontiers and Civ Beyond Earth Rising Tide with the Codex mod. Then the Endless Space 2 and Endless Legend updates and new DLC came out which I am now on the verge of buying have now just bought so there might have to be a plan B.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill