Revisiting Grand Theft Auto V

Started by Jarhead0331, January 02, 2019, 10:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 03, 2019, 08:46:44 AM
Does this still require online activation (and rockstar social club membership) for single player ?

It still requires Social Club membership, yes.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 02, 2019, 04:56:09 PM
Quote from: MOS:96B2P on January 02, 2019, 04:41:46 PM
This sounds really cool.  I had no idea GTA had this LSPD mod.  I've been following Police Simulator 18 on Steam but its 2019 now so................. 

I'm going to look into GTA with the LSPD mod.  Hope there are some u-tube videos of it.  Thanks for mentioning this.

There are tons of  videos on the mod. The main website for it is here:

https://www.lcpdfr.com/

If you have any questions getting set up and running, don't hesitate to post or PM me.

Thanks for the link.  I bought the game through Steam.  It is still installing / upgrading.  I found a lot of cool videos.  Some made by "First thirty minutes" are really good.  I think after the base game is done upgrading and can be launched I need Rage Hook and LSPDFR 0.3?   But I have also read that 0.4 should be out soonish?  Not sure if it would be better to wait.

Then there seems to be a confusing amount of plugins / call outs etc.  A plugin and call out are the same thing I think?  Do players here use these and if so which ones are recommended? 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on January 03, 2019, 01:46:56 PM
This sounds really cool.  I had no idea GTA had this LSPD mod.  I've been following Police Simulator 18 on Steam but its 2019 now so................. 

I'm going to look into GTA with the LSPD mod.  Hope there are some u-tube videos of it.  Thanks for mentioning this.

If you have any questions getting set up and running, don't hesitate to post or PM me.

Thanks for the link.  I bought the game through Steam.  It is still installing / upgrading.  I found a lot of cool videos.  Some made by "First thirty minutes" are really good.  I think after the base game is done upgrading and can be launched I need Rage Hook and LSPDFR 0.3?   But I have also read that 0.4 should be out soonish?  Not sure if it would be better to wait.

Then there seems to be a confusing amount of plugins / call outs etc.  A plugin and call out are the same thing I think?  Do players here use these and if so which ones are recommended? 

there are basically three different types of mods for LSPD...plugins, scripts and then add-on type mods, such as new vehicles, weapons, uniforms, objects, etc.

Call-outs fall into the plugin category. Call-outs are simply events that occur while you are on duty. So you may receive a call to respond to a bank robbery, or a drug transaction, or to apprehend a known/wanted individual, etc. Plugins are very easy to install and do not need any software outside of the Ragehook program and LSPDFR. Scripts require the ScriptHook software and the add-on mods get a little more complicated, requiring a whole different set of software to access the code and essentially insert these objects into the game. Its not too hard and there is a lot of knowledge and guidance out there. Just start with getting the basic LSPD mod running. Once you have it working, let me know. I will then post a list of my must have plugins, which in addition to call-outs include some very useful functionality. Stuff the adds detail and complexity to your policing activities and technology. I'll also give you a list of plugins that add realism and some quality of life stuff too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Moreb

JH, that mod looks incredible. I might just have to reinstall V. I played a bit of multiplayer until the hackers became unbearable and very little of the Story mode. It doesn't help when I can't stand the main protagonist, any of them. Nick (?) is a tool from what I seen early and the other guy I just cannot handle the street jive mumbo jumbo for more than a few minutes. And that son? There isn't a military school brutal enough to flail that little schmuck into shape.

But this. This looks good. Is it a Workshop mod or nexus? Since I don't have the game installed mods arent showing up in the Workshop and, if I remember correctly, Rockstar removed modding which is why I quit and never came back. Are they reinstated?

Thanks

PS. I'd love to have a call to where a protest turns into a riot where the extreme left and extreme right are making hamburger out of each other. Someone has to do ammo drops for the betterment of the rest of us here in San Andreas. If only...
When dongles fly? - mirth

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Moreb on January 04, 2019, 01:48:19 PM
JH, that mod looks incredible. I might just have to reinstall V. I played a bit of multiplayer until the hackers became unbearable and very little of the Story mode. It doesn't help when I can't stand the main protagonist, any of them. Nick (?) is a tool from what I seen early and the other guy I just cannot handle the street jive mumbo jumbo for more than a few minutes. And that son? There isn't a military school brutal enough to flail that little schmuck into shape.

But this. This looks good. Is it a Workshop mod or nexus? Since I don't have the game installed mods arent showing up in the Workshop and, if I remember correctly, Rockstar removed modding which is why I quit and never came back. Are they reinstated?

Thanks

PS. I'd love to have a call to where a protest turns into a riot where the extreme left and extreme right are making hamburger out of each other. Someone has to do ammo drops for the betterment of the rest of us here in San Andreas. If only...

These mods do not run with workshop. They must be downloaded and installed separately.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Moreb

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 04, 2019, 02:08:31 PM
Quote from: Moreb on January 04, 2019, 01:48:19 PM

Thanks

These mods do not run with workshop. They must be downloaded and installed separately.

I'm up to the task once I return to civilization. It looks very fresh from the videos I watched.
When dongles fly? - mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 03, 2019, 03:10:18 PM
Quote from: MOS:96B2P on January 03, 2019, 01:46:56 PM

there are basically three different types of mods for LSPD...plugins, scripts and then add-on type mods, such as new vehicles, weapons, uniforms, objects, etc.

Call-outs fall into the plugin category. Call-outs are simply events that occur while you are on duty. So you may receive a call to respond to a bank robbery, or a drug transaction, or to apprehend a known/wanted individual, etc. Plugins are very easy to install and do not need any software outside of the Ragehook program and LSPDFR. Scripts require the ScriptHook software and the add-on mods get a little more complicated, requiring a whole different set of software to access the code and essentially insert these objects into the game. Its not too hard and there is a lot of knowledge and guidance out there. Just start with getting the basic LSPD mod running. Once you have it working, let me know. I will then post a list of my must have plugins, which in addition to call-outs include some very useful functionality. Stuff the adds detail and complexity to your policing activities and technology. I'll also give you a list of plugins that add realism and some quality of life stuff too.

Okay, got it done.  Had to go into the Rage settings and force windows mode but it seems to be working now.  Also, I really, really need to practice my driving.   ;D  All kinds of cool videos where they make it look so easy make traffic stops etc....  So what do you recommend now JH? 

Very cool game.  I think I'm going to need a controller to drive.  The keyboard is not working out to well.  Especially for high speed driving which, of course, there is a lot of.

Field sobriety during a DUI arrest.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Her dinner I think.  She was a mess.  I had dispatch send a female unit to do the pat down and transport.   

Gusington

Heh I can see why. This mod sounds uber realistic.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd