Wargamer no longer owned by Slitherine

Started by Jarhead0331, February 13, 2018, 03:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

...if heard the Roman bath in Bath is such a nice tourist attraction to visit  ^-^

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

I'd go to Wargamer once a month or so and look at reviews.  Regretfully, I found that most of the reviews were pretty superficial based on very little play time.  It is understandable, the publisher wants as much immediate news on release as possible.

I never write a review without playing it for long enough to get a feel for the game.  That usually translates to 1-3 months after release.  That is unacceptable for a house organ website.

Speaking of which, I need to take the time to write up a review of PanzerKreig which was quite good in most ways.  I even have the screen shots finished.

BanzaiCat

I'd only visit WG to find my old articles from way back when.

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 14, 2018, 09:22:05 AM

Let me know if you find any that aren't credited properly, BTW. I know it's a problem but I can only fix them as and when I find them, or they're brought to my attention.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: WargamerJoe on February 14, 2018, 09:50:15 AM

Let me know if you find any that aren't credited properly, BTW. I know it's a problem but I can only fix them as and when I find them, or they're brought to my attention.

Decided to revisit one of mine. It's still there but the images are missing, I presume due to the migration.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/combat-mission-red-thunder/

I still have my copies somewhere if you want to put them back. Not sure how much effort you want to undergo restoring years-old reviews.

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on February 14, 2018, 09:52:31 AM
Quote from: WargamerJoe on February 14, 2018, 09:50:15 AM

Decided to revisit one of mine. It's still there but the images are missing, I presume due to the migration.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/combat-mission-red-thunder/

I still have my copies somewhere if you want to put them back. Not sure how much effort you want to undergo restoring years-old reviews.

Sent you a PM.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

BanzaiCat

Oh, plenty of them are set to Scott as the author, but it's not that big a deal to me to be honest.

I have all of the original articles and images archived on my home PC.

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 14, 2018, 11:00:29 AM
Oh, plenty of them are set to Scott as the author, but it's not that big a deal to me to be honest.

I have all of the original articles and images archived on my home PC.

I firmly believe in credit where credit is due, but fair enough.

If you ever change your mind, just PM me a list of links and the proper credit name and I'll replace them all.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

Sir Slash

I like the Wargamer. I drop by every day or so just to keep-up with the latest goings-on. I never was a big fan of the forums though-- much more fun here where you can, like at the 'Carwash', act the fool without starting a war. Usually.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 14, 2018, 11:07:48 AM
I like the Wargamer. I drop by every day or so just to keep-up with the latest goings-on. I never was a big fan of the forums though-- much more fun here where you can, like at the 'Carwash', act the fool without starting a war. Usually.  :coolsmiley:

WargamerJoe has no doubt done a fantastic job with the front end of the old site. We'd hire him here, but I don't think he would be interested in a salary of beer and cigarettes. The fringe benefits are great though...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2018, 11:27:00 AM
The fringe benefits are great though...

I guess we could give him access to The Lingerie Channel...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2018, 11:27:00 AMbut I don't think he would be interested in a salary of beer and cigarettes.

There's beer?! WTF?  :knuppel2:
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mirth on February 14, 2018, 11:29:17 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2018, 11:27:00 AMbut I don't think he would be interested in a salary of beer and cigarettes.

Me and my big mouth...Please don't file an unpaid wage claim with the Department of Labor.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on February 14, 2018, 11:29:17 AM

we paid you in waitresses' phone numbers at Origins

it's not our fault you were too drunk to dial them correctly
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers