GOG.com - Close Combat Series

Started by CJReich46, February 06, 2018, 04:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I'm probably the only one that liked Panzer General 3D Assault. I have it on GOG.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 16, 2018, 02:28:43 PM
I'm probably the only one that liked Panzer General 3D Assault. I have it on GOG.

I liked it. It just never really captured the same magic that PGII did for me. PGII was one of the first wargames I played when I got back into the hobby after a 10-12 year break. I absolutely loved that game. Played the hell out of it back in the day (a time when you still went to a game shop with shelves of PC games that included offerings from Talonsoft or the Jane's series).

Yes, I'm old.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Greybriar

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 16, 2018, 02:28:43 PM

There's nothing wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks (check my sig). I own the retail boxed edition of it as well as the DRM-Free digital version at GOG.com but I like Panzer General II better.

And, yes, I am also old.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

BanzaiCat

Nice to know. I know I played the original PG on a PlayStation (from the Hollywood Video I managed, not permanently), but I don't recall playing PGII.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 16, 2018, 02:44:52 PM
I know I played the original PG on a PlayStation (from the Hollywood Video I managed, not permanently)

You're old too! :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

I played all three. The original I played on my all-too-soon extinct 3DO. That was back when King Tut was still sucking Momma Tut's tit.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on February 16, 2018, 02:47:39 PM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on February 16, 2018, 02:44:52 PM
I know I played the original PG on a PlayStation (from the Hollywood Video I managed, not permanently)

You're old too! :P

mirth

BanzaiCat

You're not too far behind, whippersnapper.

mirth

Easy there old-timer. Don't work yourself into a vexation ;)

BanzaiCat

mirth

BanzaiCat