New Tactical Shooter on Kickstarter - Ground Branch

Started by Barthheart, June 06, 2012, 07:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Jarhead0331

I would contribute the maximum amount to this in a heartbeat...however, I'm a bit miffed that delivery of the beta is not expected until August 2013!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Keunert

10'000 bucks for a game??? does it come with a car?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

jomni

Ground Branch is not new.  It's been in development for several YEARS already (since 2004 -- if it's the same time the group was formed).  They're hoping Kickstarter to sustain their development activities which have obviously stalled.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jomni on June 06, 2012, 08:01:05 PM
Ground Branch is not new.  It's been in development for several YEARS already (since 2004 -- if it's the same time the group was formed).  So why has it not seen the light of day before this?

He meant its new on kickstarter. I posted about Blackfoot Studios on WG years ago.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

So...ummm...yeah...

This has been in development for a REALLY long time, but it has recently picked up pace pretty dramatically. Steam EA release is imminent and the game has definitely made great strides. Still has a long way to go admittedly, but I'm encouraged by what I have seen over the past several builds.

If you loved Rainbow 6 and prefer more CQB oriented combat to larger open spaces, you'll definitely want to check this out.

Hop onto the new website and have a look.

http://www.groundbranch.com/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/16900/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

It is really coming together nicely. I think when (if) it is finished, it is finally going to be something that will appeal to the original Rainbow 6 crowd.

Operator loadout is very modular. You can place primary and secondary ammo, grenades/flashbangs and equipment on your rig.

Weapons are very modular, as well. GB uses a nice picatinny rail attachment system.

Nice selection of primary and secondary weapons...

Some quick training in the kill house. Timed and randomized with tangos and hostages. Plenty of ranges with dynamic targets too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

I have post scriptum
I am also over contributing to games with long development times.
Star citizen
Naval action
Post scriptum (short dev time but still a ways to go)
Call to arms
War of rights
Hold fast

Those are the ones I can remember
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Like Ready or Not, Ground Branch also recently received an important and substantial update that really improved the look and feel of the game. If you haven't picked this one up in awhile, now might be a good time to take another look.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2021, 12:03:06 AM
Like Ready or Not, Ground Branch also recently received an important and substantial update that really improved the look and feel of the game. If you haven't picked this one up in awhile, now might be a good time to take another look.

Watching this too but was under impression no single player yet, is that incorrect?

kam9999

I can confirm that there IS a single player mode in the game.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: kam9999 on December 18, 2021, 06:16:50 AM

And its available during the early access?  If so, can you provide details what exists?  Campaign?  Just single player missions and how many?  I had read somewhere that single player was planned but wasn't necessarily available yet so just trying to confirm.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2021, 06:31:41 AM

And its available during the early access?  If so, can you provide details what exists?  Campaign?  Just single player missions and how many?  I had read somewhere that single player was planned but wasn't necessarily available yet so just trying to confirm.

There is no single player campaign yet. There are lone wolf missions and training compound areas (ie. killhouse, shooting range, etc.)
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

kam9999

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2021, 08:15:16 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 18, 2021, 06:31:41 AM

There is no single player campaign yet. There are lone wolf missions and training compound areas (ie. killhouse, shooting range, etc.)

There are currently two different versions of the game, both in early access. The main version has about half a dozen maps that can be played lone wolf. Enemies are spawned with a degree of randomisation to quantity and location. There is also a small degree of map variation. It is very good, much like an updated version of the early Ghost Recon.

The second version is a testing build for a major upgrade that is due soon. I haven't played it yet. It offers upgraded graphics and even more maps. However there are known bugs at the moment.

If you buy the game on Steam you get access to both versions. There is a lot more information on the Steam home page.