Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

mode edit: fixed YouTube links

BanzaiCat

Bison

Emeraldlis

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Bison

Pete Dero

Blue Monday is observed on January 16, 2017. This day falls on a day in mid-to-late January, stated to be the most depressing day of a year.

mod edit: fixed YouTube link

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 16, 2017, 04:30:39 AM
Blue Monday is observed on January 16, 2017. This day falls on a day in mid-to-late January, stated to be the most depressing day of a year.

Howdy Pete  :) for some reason the last few songs you've posted aren't showing up for me . I'm not sure if this is happening for other people ,and I just thought I'd highlight the problem , ' cos it's a shame for you to go to the effort of posting if it's not showing up  :( but the title you've posted for the song makes me wonder what the song actually is !!!!!! It's just annoying that I can't actually see it or play it ...argh  >:(  I'm really into music , so I like to have a listen to everything that's posted on here  O0 maybe the fault is on my end ? But it's weird it's happened on the last few songs you've done ...I dunno ....I have zero clue , lol , but I hope it makes sense to you !!!!!! Thanks Pete  :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

Pete Dero

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 16, 2017, 08:40:24 AM

Howdy Pete  :) for some reason the last few songs you've posted aren't showing up for me . I'm not sure if this is happening for other people ,and I just thought I'd highlight the problem , ' cos it's a shame for you to go to the effort of posting if it's not showing up  :( but the title you've posted for the song makes me wonder what the song actually is !!!!!! It's just annoying that I can't actually see it or play it ...argh  >:(  I'm really into music , so I like to have a listen to everything that's posted on here  O0 maybe the fault is on my end ? But it's weird it's happened on the last few songs you've done ...I dunno ....I have zero clue , lol , but I hope it makes sense to you !!!!!! Thanks Pete  :)

It seems to be that some videos are blocked in certain regions by Youtube

Try the direct link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAnynrfuTr8

or this one :

Let me know if it worked (if not : the song is Blue Monday by New Order)

Previous videos :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97zgi3Ri2Go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s59gfRfrEyI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKL4X0PZz7M

Emeraldlis

mod edit: fixed YouTube link

Oh awesome ....it's been fixed , thanks  :bd:

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 16, 2017, 09:23:35 AM
Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 16, 2017, 08:40:24 AM

It seems to be that some videos are blocked in certain regions by Youtube

Try the direct link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAnynrfuTr8

or this one :

Let me know if it worked (if not : the song is Blue Monday by New Order)

The direct link worked as well Pete , thanks  :bd: that just happens to be one of my all time favourite tunes , that is a great song , and I just defy anyone to feel low after giving that a listen !!!!! It's annoying sometimes with YouTube blocking content ....sigh , but thanks for replying and reposting , appreciate it :) the song is killer , so it's all good  8)

Emeraldlis

The Freemasons , shakedown dance version of  nothing but a heartache is a cool listen , nice  8)

Annnnnd more dance ......

Pete Dero

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 16, 2017, 09:30:52 AM

The direct link worked as well Pete , thanks  :bd: that just happens to be one of my all time favourite tunes , that is a great song , and I just defy anyone to feel low after giving that a listen !!!!! It's annoying sometimes with YouTube blocking content ....sigh , but thanks for replying and reposting , appreciate it :) the song is killer , so it's all good  8)

Glad to help.

Besides astronomy these are my main hobbies : collecting computer wargames (sometimes I even play a few !) and good music.
I already bought some cd's based on clips I saw here (Chantel McGregor being the latest)

Pete Dero

Quote from: Emeraldlis on January 16, 2017, 09:53:59 AM
The Freemasons , shakedown dance version of  nothing but a heartache is a cool listen , nice  8)

Another Freemasons song I like (but I admit the dancer Stephanie Fitzpatrick has much to do with that ...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsxDQq5AnhM

and check out the amazing vocals in the live version   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUaNsg3h3_Y

bayonetbrant

Pete - see below.  You've been grabbing the wrong URL

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Pete Dero

Sorry for that and thanks for the fixes.

Everything looked ok and worked fine on my side so I thought it was correct.

Let's see if I got this one right :

Emeraldlis

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 16, 2017, 11:41:59 AM
Sorry for that and thanks for the fixes.

Everything looked ok and worked fine on my side so I thought it was correct.

Let's see if I got this one right :

Technology...pfft ....I'd love to shove it all in a big black hole !!!, it's cool and all , but it's just CONSTANTLY changing , and just when you think you've got the hang of something ....nope ....you gotta learn summat else and change all over again , I just can't be bothered chasing it  :o if something comes across my radar I'll have a look at it , but apart from that , I leave the evil beast of tech alone  ;D

I like this version of the song better , I think some songs sound better live than studio recorded , I think it's just down to taste and the atmosphere of a live audience can pump up the atmosphere of a song more at times  :)  oh man ,The Graeme Norton show is brilliant , the red chair stories are just to funny, lol  !!!! :D your hobbies sound like fun , have you been following the drama of the super moon ? Or are there more intresting astronomical delights going on at the moment catching your attention ?

And yeah , this is a great way to share and find new music on here .....it's awesome I love it !!!! And now I need to go check out chantel mcgregor........*plods back off over to youtube*