Main Menu

Too Much FRIDAY

Started by Hofstadter, January 12, 2017, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I should probably look around for safe ways to check if Starforce is still lingering in my system after the uninstall. ;)

As expected, there wasn't an activation code -- or not exactly. There was a code for online multiplayer (I think). I tried it anyway on Steam, didn't work.

I'll risk it on the next sale, perhaps. Never finished the first game and would like to play the series through. (I could just pull out my Win XP2 super-Falcon laptop, where I was playing it previously, but that would require "effort". ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 16, 2017, 06:32:01 PM
I should probably look around for safe ways to check if Starforce is still lingering in my system after the uninstall. ;)

As expected, there wasn't an activation code -- or not exactly. There was a code for online multiplayer (I think). I tried it anyway on Steam, didn't work.

I'll risk it on the next sale, perhaps. Never finished the first game and would like to play the series through. (I could just pull out my Win XP2 super-Falcon laptop, where I was playing it previously, but that would require "effort". ;) )

I hear there's a shot you can get for that!  O0
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

It did, in a roundabout way, remind me that I had never bothered to register Medieval 2 TW on Steam for free (and Kingdoms, too, without any extra hassle)!  :bd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

jamus34

Yup I slapped the original TW:Rome on there...will I ever play it? Prob not.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

In the name of all that is holy I just finished the prologue to Metal Gear Solid V...in 30+ years of gaming I have never been quite so blown away. And I'm only 1+ done with the game. So much WTF as well.

Some screenies...this will be some kinda ride, I think:

Uh oh...

WTF.

Holy crap.

I guess I fared alright not know WTF was going on and flying by the seat of my pants.

And I made it to the first chapter, in Afghanistan. What a ride...better than 99% of action movies I have seen.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Played a lot of World of Warships, watched a lot of Football.

Yesterday (end of long weekend), I split between TW Attila and Civ VI. I tried to check out Waterloo Ligny, but it crashed on me, so moved along.

undercovergeek

Played the opening mission of mow as2 as the americans - I didn't realise how open to creating little stories the game was, as you scan the battlefield there are vignettes been played out all across the map

My squad of engineers and AT team crouched at the foot of some stairs in front of a huge search light picking off advancing Germans as they enter the courtyard

A squad of rangers taking cover behind an old brick wall taking on light afvs and squad after squad of enemy

My battered and bruised AT team stopping and armoured advance on one of the flanks

Great game

JasonPratt

Is the prologue (Ground Zeroes) included in the full game (Phantom Pain)?

(That was related to Gus' post, obvs -- but I didn't realize there had been subsequent posts, sorry.)

Pete Dero

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 17, 2017, 08:20:20 AM
Is the prologue (Ground Zeroes) included in the full game (Phantom Pain)?

(That was related to Gus' post, obvs -- but I didn't realize there had been subsequent posts, sorry.)

Not in Phantom Pain but in 'The Definitive Experience'  http://store.steampowered.com/sub/132479/

bbmike

Ended up playing the board game Tiny Epic Kingdoms all weekend. Then proceeded to order Tiny Epic Galaxies, Tiny Epic Western and the expansion for Tiny Epic Kingdoms.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

I've been playing Pool of Radiance.  My characters are up to 4th level.

Sir Slash

Pool of Radiance-- one of my all time favorites.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

It just occurred to me, pursuant to Rome 1 TW being easily converted to Steam, that they're about to release R1TW for mobiles. Which means mobile power has advanced to the point where it's feasible to play R1TW.

Which means if I register my copy on Steam, I might be able to feasibly play it (thus also my nieces by extension) on my Surface Pro 3!  8)

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on January 17, 2017, 09:12:04 AM
Ended up playing the board game Tiny Epic Kingdoms all weekend. Then proceeded to order Tiny Epic Galaxies, Tiny Epic Western and the expansion for Tiny Epic Kingdoms.

An Epic addiction has begun!

JasonPratt

A tiny, epic addition! (Gus joke arriving in 3... 2...)