Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Entered the code, it said thanks, but not sure anything happened.

steve58

Quote from: Tuna on December 29, 2016, 01:14:52 PM
Entered the code, it said thanks, but not sure anything happened.

...same for me.  guess the code was a bust  :-\
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tuna

I think this is a free Weekend of Premium, unless that 'code' did something. Last night it said I had 24 hours of Premium. .this morning it says I have two days left. Unless I won it and didn't know it. Or maybe it's the code.

Nefaro

I think you get a free day of Premium for winning a match.  Or some such.

Actually sub'd for another 30 days earlier this week.  Haven't played as often in the evening, but it was mostly due to being busy with other stuff.  Plus the kiddies were all still on vacation so it was easy to avoid the idiot YOLO teammates this week.

Hartford688

Yep, I got a day of free Premium yesterday as well. Helped boost my usual low cash and xp scores.

And finally succumbed and bought myself a Christmas prezzie at last, the Warspite and some spare doubloons.

Oh I like this ship very much (surprise, surprise). But I'm glad I waited, appreciate it more now :)

And next week I'll place an order for the Ballantyne book on Warspite, gets good reviews.

Tuna

Seems like everything is on sale premium wise, hopefully you got a discount price! Eyeing the Texas and Atlanta myself

Hartford688

Quote from: Tuna on December 31, 2016, 12:25:40 PM
Seems like everything is on sale premium wise, hopefully you got a discount price! Eyeing the Texas and Atlanta myself

Well yes - if you buy it from the "Ship" page, no discount. But if you buy in game using doubloons, you do get a discount, so about 35% cheaper. Go figure.

I must say I hate meeting the Atlanta in game, so must be good ;)

I know this game is not realistic, but it does give enough of the flavour, the eyecandy and general enjoyment that something "more realistic" like Jutland (and I have certain realism quibbles there) does not give.

Steam and Iron is very good, but sometimes I want my lovely eyecandy and scoreboards and general online mayhem.

steve58

Now WG is going to split the Russian DD line.  I'm guessing they're going to go the opposite direction they did with the Japanese DD line and instead of weakening the Russian DDs, they're all going to be all fast mini Graf Spees  ???

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/how-ru-dd/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Windigo

Quote from: Hartford688 on December 31, 2016, 01:08:12 PM
Quote from: Tuna on December 31, 2016, 12:25:40 PM

Well yes - if you buy it from the "Ship" page, no discount. But if you buy in game using doubloons, you do get a discount, so about 35% cheaper. Go figure.

I must say I hate meeting the Atlanta in game, so must be good ;)

I know this game is not realistic, but it does give enough of the flavour, the eyecandy and general enjoyment that something "more realistic" like Jutland (and I have certain realism quibbles there) does not give.

Steam and Iron is very good, but sometimes I want my lovely eyecandy and scoreboards and general online mayhem.

mayhem is always a big pro in online gaming
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on January 16, 2017, 02:58:35 PM
Now WG is going to split the Russian DD line.  I'm guessing they're going to go the opposite direction they did with the Japanese DD line and instead of weakening the Russian DDs, they're all going to be all fast mini Graf Spees  ???

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/how-ru-dd/

Of course!

We've been speculating that they'll be introducing Soviet ships from the '80s before long.  While the WW2 British and Italian navies are still barely given a glance if anything at all.

Wargaming.net is behaving like a typical Russian developer.  Catering to the home crowd while utilizing it's large foreign customer base as funding for it.  ;)

steve58

Easy way to get 50 Dragon Flags, but you gotta do this by Monday Jan 23rd 0600 PT.

DennisS

I've gotten back into this, over this last week or so. I suck at this game. I even suck at the Co-op games, against the AI.

I just got done playing a co-op game, were us humans lost. How bad do you have to be to get crushed by AI warships???

I am up to tier IV US cruiser, the Phoenix class, to go along with many other tier III's. I'm nothing if not methodical! My favorite is the Japanese CL Yubari, that I got for being in the closed beta.

steve58

Update 0.6.1 scheduled for tomorrow (8 Feb).  Lots of changes...

Hartford688

Quote from: steve58 on February 07, 2017, 02:07:37 PM
Update 0.6.1 scheduled for tomorrow (8 Feb).  Lots of changes...

Thank you - and omg reducing spotting range on Pensacola! That will make life a little better. Grinding through her and it is...painful.