US Pacific Campaign - Order of Battle WW2 AAR - Complete

Started by airboy, January 12, 2019, 08:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Part 2 and Part 3 of Bataan are posted.
See:
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/20/bataan-scenario-3-part-2/
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/01/20/bataan-scenario-conclusion-part-3-of-3/

I'm going to take a break from this AAR for a bit.  The last Bataan post made me depressed and brought tears to my eyes.  I had not thought about a couple of WW2 vets I knew growing up in several years - including a Wake Island vet.   :-[

I'm going to write up my visit to the Kansas City Toy Museum, my review of Pillars of Eternity 2, etc..... for a couple of days to let my sadness abate.

PS - Jason, don't blame yourself for your earlier comments.  They served a good purpose to remind all of us of the sacrifices made by allied troops in the Pacific during 1941-1942 to slow the Jap advance.   :notworthy:

JasonPratt

Thanks; that was indeed the purpose, though the humor was grim.  :notworthy: :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

QuoteGrizzled Captain Sam Houston from Texas set up the ambush with help from veteran noncoms.

Tennessee Volunteer!! "Don't go up there, sir, it's a trap! There's two of them!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

My grand-uncle John Reed didn't want to talk about his career as a pilot for a B-17 over Europe either. We only ever got a few things out of him. The Me-262 jets were essentially omnipotent against bomber flights, and scared him more than anything else: their only weakness was that they only had enough fuel for one or two passes. He was in the camp of, had Hitler deployed them as interceptors instead of insisting they be used as strike bombers, the western front might have gone quite differently.

airboy

The Raid on the Gilbert and Marshall Islands - part 1 is now up:
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/02/01/gilbert-marshall-island-raid-scenario-4-us-pacific-order-of-battle-ww2/

In honor of Jason Pratt - this scenario starts with a pitch meeting to Admiral Nimitz!

Sir Slash

Nice write-up Admiral Airboy. Congrats on the Win and keep 'em coming.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

airboy

First part of the Coral Sea scenario is up.
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/02/21/coral-sea-us-campaign-order-of-battle-ww2-scenario-5/

This is just a pain to illustrate.  The map is huge.  Your forces are split up and cannot support each other.  When you spot something without a positive ID, it does not show up on the main situation map.  Last, the strategy is complex due to the difficult victory conditions.

This one is going to be slow to post.  The writeup is very hard to do.  I'm also going to ConOoga Thursday-Sunday and then MACE West Thursday-Monday the following week.

This is probably the single hardest AAR scenario to write up I've ever attempted.

Dammit Carl!

Keep forgetting I've got Order of Battle and a slew of Pacific related modules - thanks for the reminder and am loving the AARs!

Sir Slash

This looks like a tough fight ahead. Better ask Panzer what he would do.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 21, 2019, 10:51:15 AM
This looks like a tough fight ahead. Better ask Panzer what he would do.

Panzer's attacks consist of "Search and Destroy."  Search for the puppy's toys, grab them when he gets free, run away and shred them.