Main Menu

Born on the FRIDAY

Started by Jarhead0331, May 11, 2018, 06:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

So sorry to hear that SDR. Have one for him in my name will you? Pillars of Eternity 2 is the ONLY game in the whole world right now in my life and I'm fine with that. Happy Mother's Day Weekend..... Mothers.  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tuna

Sorry for your loss SDR  :(. Sucks to lose a friend to cancer at too young an age (went through that with my guitarist last fall). Good way to honor him memory wise!

Knee feeling better, so will try and get some gaming time in. Definitely continuing with Field of Glory 2, enjoying that a lot right now.

Maybe break down and take the BattleTech plunge.

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 11, 2018, 08:27:58 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 11, 2018, 08:25:52 AM
Lost a good buddy and my chief wargaming opponent to cancer on Tuesday so a few of us are going to get together, hoist some pints and roll some dice in a few of his favourite games tonight. 

So sorry to hear that. Sounds like a good way to remember him

O0

airboy

I'm repainting the lawn furniture.  We bought some of it almost 30 years ago and this is the first repainting.  I'm also painting some really old steel lawn furniture I inherited from my grandparents that I think was manufactured in the 1950s.

Then Pillars of Eternity 1, the White March.

CJReich46

I dunno.. seeing as I work all weekend, but it's mostly mornings so I'm home in the afternoon, so no biggie. It's the getting up in the morning part that sucks!

Sorry for your loss SDR.

I've been on a Distant Worlds Universe kick lately. I watched Das Tactic do a stream of it on You Tube and that was it, so I made sure I had the mod, updated a few things, and dived in.

Also I'm almost done with Neverwinter Nights. I am on the final part of the main campaign.

Advanced Tactics Gold (maybe?)

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: airboy on May 11, 2018, 11:38:32 AM
I'm repainting the lawn furniture.  We bought some of it almost 30 years ago and this is the first repainting.  I'm also painting some really old steel lawn furniture I inherited from my grandparents that I think was manufactured in the 1950s.

It's crazy the prices the old lawn furniture can pull in my neck of the woods.  Treat 'em right!

Boggit

Quote from: CJReich46 on May 11, 2018, 12:05:39 PM
I've been on a Distant Worlds Universe kick lately. I watched Das Tactic do a stream of it on You Tube and that was it, so I made sure I had the mod, updated a few things, and dived in.
Das Tactic is great, and I use his Blue mod. Have fun!
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Sorry to hear the bad news about your friend's passing. I hope you all have a good remembrance of him tonight. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Silent Disapproval Robot

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

bbmike

Quote from: Boggit on May 11, 2018, 02:21:19 PM
Sorry to hear the bad news about your friend's passing. I hope you all have a good remembrance of him tonight. :)

+100. Sorry to hear that, SDR.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on May 11, 2018, 02:28:50 PM
Quote from: Boggit on May 11, 2018, 02:21:19 PM

+100. Sorry to hear that, SDR.

+101. Condolences, man.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

nelmsm

My condolences as well.  Ended up starting the Invasion Amerika scenario from TOAW IV playing as the U.S.  May have the Germans stymied early so may play it out a bit and then restart as the Axis

vyshka

Battletech, and maybe Pillars of Eternity.

KyzBP

Very sorry to hear about your friend, SDR.  It sounds like you guys are honoring him in a way he'd appreciate.

I'm all in on BattleTech.  It's literally all I've been playing and thinking about since it released. 

I'm also involved in a really good game of MP OOTP 19.  The league sims every day so there's no down time.

BanzaiCat

Sorry to hear about your buddy, SDR. That sucks. Especially cancer - I've lost two family members to it and too many friends.

I'm going to try to get through DVG's new War of the Worlds board game and maybe a few other things.