Empires Apart - Age of Empires Clone

Started by jomni, July 06, 2016, 05:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I read just the tiniest little bit about this yesterday...intriguing 😀

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Matrixlitherine publishing an AoE successor?

Huh. Probably for pads. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

AchillesLastStand

Empires Apart is supposed to be released this fall and is now taking beta applications here, http://www.slitherine.com/beta/
https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2017-07-08-empires-apart-is-a-rts-from-slitherine-and-destinybit-that-s-accepting-beta-testers-from-today

Slitherine and DESTINYbit are working together on a new RTS game called Empires Apart that's set in Medieval times and will be released this Winter on the PC.

Empires Apart will see you lead one of six factions in procedurally generated maps, with the gameplay looking a bit like Age of Empires or Battle Realms, as you collect resources, assemble your army and wage war against other factions such as the Aztecs, Chinese, French, Mongols, Arabs or Byzantines.
In fact this really does sound a lot like Age of Empires, so we're excited about checking it out soon, as you must collect Food, Wood, Gold and Stone to build your economic structures and military might, while trading with allies and storing relics for powerful bonuses.

The good news is that you won't have long to play it if you're accepted into the beta phase, which has just started today. You can sign-up  here.

Destraex

I still enjoy cossacks3. Love the Scottish faction in that.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

AchillesLastStand

Empires Apart will be released on Steam March 29th.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/530630/Empires_Apart/

Graphics aside, the beta has been pretty impressive and the developer has really put in some work. I enjoyed my time with this much more than the beta of AOE DE.

Barthheart

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

mbar

I'm waiting for the new Strategic Command release next week.  EA should still be at discount by then.

Jarhead0331

I was interested, but it sort of looks 'meh' to me. Maybe something to get on sale...

Whats the new Strategic Command, mbar?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

HoodedHorseJoe

Strategic Command Classic: WW2, with the Blitzkrieg and Pacific add-ons, I think.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: WargamerJoe on March 29, 2018, 11:34:14 AM
Strategic Command Classic: WW2, with the Blitzkrieg and Pacific add-ons, I think.

So its just a re-release of everything in one package?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

HoodedHorseJoe

Yeah pretty much, same as SCC: WW1 and SCC: Global War.

It's not recommended you buy it if you already own the games as existing owners are entitled to free copies I believe. It's just a new SKU for new wargamers as Matrix take over publishing duties from Battlefront (who will discontinue support for their versions).
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: WargamerJoe on March 29, 2018, 11:41:16 AM
Yeah pretty much, same as SCC: WW1 and SCC: Global War.

It's not recommended you buy it if you already own the games as existing owners are entitled to free copies I believe. It's just a new SKU for new wargamers as Matrix take over publishing duties from Battlefront (who will discontinue support for their versions).

OK. Thanks for the info.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

RommelFox

It will be interesting to see how the gameplay fairs.  I enjoyed the Age of Empires series, and still play from time to time. 

The thing that's getting me is the art style.  I don't like the lack of detail. 
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs