What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Pinetree

Set up the Crusader scenario of DAK to bag up the the counters for a quick set up at a convention:

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Crossroads

Normandy kickstarter delivered today as well. There's some serious counter clipping going on at the weekend  :smitten:

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Barthheart

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on October 12, 2018, 02:21:49 PM
:tickedoff:
I got burned for the first time with a second hand game, although it was the Counterattack booklet with just one row of chits. They were clipped with a nail clipper! Why would anyone do that  >:(

Nefaro

Quote from: Crossroads on October 13, 2018, 11:51:02 AM
I got burned for the first time with a second hand game, although it was the Counterattack booklet with just one row of chits. They were clipped with a nail clipper! Why would anyone do that  >:(

Before reliable corner rounding tool ?

Crossroads

Quote from: Nefaro on October 14, 2018, 10:35:44 AM
Quote from: Crossroads on October 13, 2018, 11:51:02 AM

Before reliable corner rounding tool ?

Exactly.

Crossroads

There were sevaral items available today for sale at our local gaming club. Picked up these two  O:-)

W8taminute

Nice acquisitions.  That WW3 game seems to be part of a series.  Don't know much about it but looks good.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Crossroads

Quote from: W8taminute on October 22, 2018, 08:12:17 AM
Nice acquisitions.  That WW3 game seems to be part of a series.  Don't know much about it but looks good.
Thanks  :)   I don't know much about it either, but looked like it could be fun so thought why not.

Edit: Seems like a three-game series. Found this cool pic from Geek with all three being played as a campaign

W8taminute

Wow that does look cool.  I'm lamenting the fact that I'd totally play a game series like that but have absolutely no time to dedicate to a monster of a board game like that.  But I suppose if I could secure a room where no one would disturb my game I could play something like this in small doses over a long period of time.   8)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Crossroads

That's the reality isn't it. At most I can take two evenings off each month, although lately it has been more like one evening every two months. I need to go to college again  :D

bayonetbrant

That WW3 game seems to be part of a series. 

GDW's series, that included

Third World War / Battle for Germany
Arctic Front
Southern Front
Persian Gulf

If you can find a complete set, unpunched, you could make a down payment on a car with them.

Much-beloved, for a good reason
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Crossroads

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 25, 2018, 08:59:30 AM
That WW3 game seems to be part of a series. 

GDW's series, that included

Third World War / Battle for Germany
Arctic Front
Southern Front
Persian Gulf

If you can find a complete set, unpunched, you could make a down payment on a car with them.

Much-beloved, for a good reason

Good to know! I have only one, and it is punched, so no new car for me  :))