Main Menu

FRIDAYS of Cydonia

Started by Jarhead0331, January 10, 2020, 12:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

DCS, MiniLAW, Mechwarrior 5 and maybe finally some warhammer II?

Everyone enjoy.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Great song!

Witcher 3, Monster Hunter World and maybe some wargame but no idea what.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Anno 1800, with perhaps a sprinkling of modded Age of Empires 3 and modded Fall of the Samurai if I get too flummoxed. So far Anno has been very patient with me and my fledgling city finally began to enter the industrial age for real last night. It was glorious.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: jamus34 on January 10, 2020, 06:26:30 AM
Great song!

Witcher 3, Monster Hunter World and maybe some wargame but no idea what.

I think I will be venturing back into the Lush, arcadey world of Hell Let Loose.

Tripoli

Civil War II AAR, BoC and Task Force Admiral work.  A2A's recent release of the Piper J-3 Cub for P3d4 has me resuming my cross country CONUS trip (https://mutleyshangar.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24789-virtual-grand-tour-of-the-continental-usa-in-a-piper-cub/) .  I think I'm going to do a video AAR of the "Chains of War" DLC from CMO. Last year, I had previously started the first scenario when RL interfered, so I'll just pick up from where I left off with that.  The concept I was working with in the CMO AAR was to do the series as a set of planning exercises, using some operational planning techniques instead of merely playing the game.  The game would simply be used to determine whether my planing was good or not.  So, I would do an Intelligence Preparation of the Battlespace and base an plan off that,then set up the game to run through the OPLAN and see how it resolved.  Attached is the rough draft powerpoint I was working on that I dropped after RL interfered: https://we.tl/t-32T80ZBBpv
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Dammit Carl!

Love that song; it turned me onto Muse (and is a hoot to play in Rocksmith).

Still hoofing it around the island in GR: Breakpoint and actually trying to finish missions as opposed to just killing "baddies," in general - although with my current body count, I'm pretty sure I'm the walking war crime here.

Anguille

Have a very busy weekend (one kid plays soccer, the others go to the scouts, invitation). Will try to manage to play a little of the following games:

- Civilization 6 with Korea
- Endless Space 2 with the Sophons
- Horizon with the Lezgoons

Have a great weekend.

Sir Slash

I'm trying to get back to my ACW 2 campaign as the South but Pillars 2: Beast of Winter has a hold on me right now. And as always, real life rudely intrudes regularly.  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

twitter3

Splitting my time between IceWind Dale 1 and Time of Tower. Edit - Tower of Time

DoctorQuest

Having the kids over for some family gaming on Saturday. I'll see how much "dad" gaming I can get in. I've been working through my vast GOG library. Currently shooting things up in Unreal II: The Awakening.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

W8taminute

Master of Orion: Conquest of the Stars with 5x balance mod.  Can't stop playing this game.

I'm also going to play a little PayDay 2 and whatever else tickles my fancy.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

airboy

I'm attempting to complete and write up the 1942 turn of Pacific Tide. 
Need to finish it and move on to Mansions of Madness with the wife.

MetalDog

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 10, 2020, 10:28:56 AM

Still hoofing it around the island in GR: Breakpoint and actually trying to finish missions as opposed to just killing "baddies," in general - although with my current body count, I'm pretty sure I'm the walking war crime here.

I have always wanted to learn guitar, but, I don't want to learn to read music or put in the practice time.  I always felt Rocksmith might be a way to finally push me over the hump and just learn how to do it.  Do you like it?  And do you play it a lot?  And have you learned anything?

Gaming for me will consist of mp turns of FoG:E with Tuna and dodging tornadoes Saturday.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MetalDog on January 10, 2020, 09:30:07 PM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on January 10, 2020, 10:28:56 AM

I have always wanted to learn guitar, but, I don't want to learn to read music or put in the practice time.  I always felt Rocksmith might be a way to finally push me over the hump and just learn how to do it.  Do you like it?  And do you play it a lot?  And have you learned anything?

Gaming for me will consist of mp turns of FoG:E with Tuna and dodging tornadoes Saturday.

One year I was going to surprise my wife for Valentine's Day by learning to play one of her favorite Poison songs on guitar. I got a guitar and Rocksmith. Holy $hit. It is a lot harder than it looks!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: MetalDog on January 10, 2020, 09:30:07 PM

I picked up bass years ago, but have been and always will be a "play by ear," guy.  Plus, I just noodle around for my own pleasure, so there's that too.  Having said that, you can get some honestly good stuff from Rocksmith via the various bits embedded in the program such as scale practice as a game and so on.   When playing along with any of their songs, you have options of slowing the tempo, or just replaying a portion that is difficult.  And at the end of a song, you're rated on chord/note accuracy so you can chart an actual progression too.

In addition, sites like Customsforge let you dl music that's free - but quality may vary there.  It's where I got all of my Kings of Leon stuff that wasn't in-game already, for instance.

I'm glossing over a ton of additional things due to phone posting this, but I think that Rocksmith is fantastic.