Feedback on Birth of the Federation AAR

Started by bayonetbrant, October 16, 2014, 08:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

BotF AAR continues to go where no man has gone before.  I mean, Eckenfels has been there, but I repeat myself...

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

LOL!  More goodness as usual.  The snark never gets old for me.  ;D 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

I wonder what I'm thinking when I write these...I haven't read it since I submitted it a while ago.  O:-)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

LOL!  I do so enjoy the tongue-in-cheek humor.  The Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference at the beginning set the perfect tone for the rest of it.  :2funny: 

(Incidentally, I did notice a possible typo/mistake in this latest entry:  Under the second screenshot, I suspect it's supposed to say "Galactic Northeast instead of Northwest.) 

Nice find with the Makus system!  That's huge -- literally.  O0  That colony you just established will be a powerhouse for the Federation one day. 

A hopefully minor request:  If it's not too much to ask, could we possibly get a zoomed-out shot of the map in the next entry?  I often find it's helpful to have sort of a birds-eye view of the overall strategic picture. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

Thanks, Martok!

I cannot recall at what point this is among the submitted pieces, but when I get back to needing to write the next few I'll zoom out and get a screenshot of it.