[running] Armada 2526 SuperNova Christmas 2016 !

Started by Yskonyn, December 22, 2016, 06:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Hello guys!

OJsDad and myself have been playing Flashpoint Campaigns and we were remeniscing about our Armada game that fell silent due to some technical issues at the time, several years back.
We thought it would be nice to retry! So for everyone interested, please make yourselves known!  :bd:

Original players at the time were OJ, Shelldrake, Staggerwing, Martok, Jarhead and myself, but everyone is welcome to join in (first come first serve)!

It will be a PBEM game of course.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Been a long time since I've played this and I think I need to reinstall, but sure...I'm in.

Human?

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

I'll have to reinstall as well. If I can figure out where I archived the installer I'll do so right away.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Martok

Don't know if it's too late to still get in on this, but I'd be game. 

Although I should probably first ask if it's possible to play PBEM between Steam version and non-Steam version.  I have Armada installed on Steam, but not sure where the installer for my original copy of the game is hiding at. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Yskonyn

Not too late at all!

I am not sure if pbem between versions work, but as I have the GGate version, shoot me a pbem file from your steam version and we'll see as a test.
If it doesnt work we can always agree on which version we take then.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

BTW, Armada and its Expansion is currently 80% off at Steam. Might be handy to grab it there regardless for 4 euros total.  O0

Staggerwing

When were you thinking of starting? I need to move my windowbox to more accessible spot first since Armada is not Mac-worthy.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Ubercat

heh I've been meaning to check this out on youTube and see if I might want to buy it. In fact... I'll go do that right now.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Yskonyn

We start when everyone is ready, but I wasnt planning on making waiting a multiple month affair! ;)
Great Ubercat! You want to join us?

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on December 25, 2016, 10:53:02 AM
Don't know if it's too late to still get in on this, but I'd be game. 

Although I should probably first ask if it's possible to play PBEM between Steam version and non-Steam version.  I have Armada installed on Steam, but not sure where the installer for my original copy of the game is hiding at.
Don't think it matters.

if there's still a space for me, i am in!

anguillesupernova@gmail.com

Race doesn't matter

Martok

Now that you say that, Anguille, I seem to recall that you're correct. 

...And I just discovered that apparently my old Gmail account was deleted ( >:( ), so here's my new one: 

grogheadsmartok@gmail.com

EDIT:  Forgot to say I'll take the Volmar if no one else wants them. 

Quote from: Ubercat on December 25, 2016, 08:51:48 PM
heh I've been meaning to check this out on youTube and see if I might want to buy it. In fact... I'll go do that right now.
GET IT

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Yskonyn

Ok guys, I need some info to get hosting:

OJsDad, Jarhead, Staggerwing and Ubercat I need your email address for the PBEM turns (might differ from your regular email!).

OJsDad, Staggerwing and Ubercat I need your race pref or just state no preference if you want a random race.

After this we can hit Start.
All diplomacy can do via the in-game message system, or if you want to keep a log seperately please provide your Diplomacy email address if it differs from your PBEM turn one.

If you value your privacy and don't want email addresses displayed on a forum you can PM me on Grogheads. I will send out a group email with contact info once I have everything in order.

Hope you chaps had a great Xmas!

Anguille

email adress for this game needs to be gmail otherwise it will not work!

Staggerwing

Quote from: Anguille on December 26, 2016, 07:18:11 PM
email adress for this game needs to be gmail otherwise it will not work!

gmail only? I'll need to set up one then.