Free. Warhammer Space Marine

Started by OJsDad, August 30, 2018, 01:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Took a beefy rig at the time of its release. Never did play the mp, but the single-player was good enough that I eventually finished the campaign. (Not quite good enough to keep me hooked long enough to finish the campaign in one swatch -- the forge world setting is a little bleh.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

I tried the MP, it was pretty mediocre.
And there was constant Voice chat that could not be turned off, lot's of kids mumbling in German and Russian, you couldn't even tell which player was talking.

SirAndrewD

Got this for free for some reason long ago on my old PS3.  It was fun enough.   Worth it as a freebie if you're interested in 40k.   Probably about four or five solid hours of game.   Only complaint is it's a bit simple and repetitive.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Destraex

Yeah it's not bad. For some reason games always manage to make 40k stories boring. The production value is just very low.
The game is great fun for a bit though.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

I've got 14 hours in it. I know I started it one time and then went back to restart and finish it later, but I didn't get far the first time, possibly an hour or two.

Part of my brain thinks it recalls playing the game campaign co-op, but I don't think that's real: there are Marine NPCs along for the ride sometimes, and the prequel game Kill Zone is a co-op twinstick shooter that I've beaten solo and have never played with anyone else to amount to anything on PS3, BUT which I tried to play co-op on the PC a year or two ago. Until we discovered it only supports local co-op.

So I figure all that together is mixing in my head incorrectly. If so, then the campaign is probably 10 hours or maybe 12, which is par for big budget games of this sort.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I loved WH40K Space Marine, thought the production values were very good. Single player campaign is not very long (maybe 10 hours) but it is great while it lasts.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd