Dominus Galaxia, KickStarter live, beta build inside!

Started by Jeff Graw, October 02, 2019, 05:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on October 06, 2019, 01:18:45 AM
I like the ship design intel idea.  It is a new convention, but a clever one.  Starting out with awareness of ship size and little else (perhaps some vague measure of shield strength or max speed observed) would be cool.

I'd only suggest that intel not be arrived at solely by fighting something.  Time alone should build some familiarity with ships, either because you simply observe them flying by, or because the lead design engineer decides to retire in your star empire.

I'd think that programming the AI to deal with this would be insane.
Actually an intel screen has been in Aurora for a long time.  Page is updated continuously as you encounter alien/enemy vessels.  Hopefully a screenie is attached.

Jarhead0331

^Aurora is in a league of its own. Can't wait for c#...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jeff Graw

OK, 20% threshold passed. Going to work on OSX/Linux versions of the beta today!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jeff Graw on October 08, 2019, 05:11:01 PM
OK, 20% threshold passed. Going to work on OSX/Linux versions of the beta today!

Dumb question.  What happens if you don't make your goal?  Is the project totally scrapped or will try something different to get the game completed?  I did pledge for it so would love to see it done.

Jeff Graw

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 08, 2019, 06:25:13 PM
Dumb question.  What happens if you don't make your goal?

The later. But it's going to be a pretty rough time.

Jeff Graw

I really need OSX and Linux users to help me test builds for those platforms. Anyone here able to lend a hand?

Huw the Poo

Hmm, I could possibly help with Linux, although I'm not really set up for gaming on it and I use a LTS release.  You'll probably get loads of volunteers if you post in r/linux_gaming on Reddit though.

Jeff Graw

It's been much, much easier to get Linux volunteers than OSX ones thus far.

Huw the Poo

Yes, and what you should find is the Linux players are much more technically savvy than average, and bugs rooted out will benefit the game as a whole.

I didn't see a post on Reddit, so I'm curious where you recruited volunteers?

Moreb

About a third of the way through. I backed you even if it isn't my genre. I'll have 2 copies to give away for those that may be better at testing than I would.

Good luck
When dongles fly? - mirth

Jeff Graw

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 11, 2019, 05:13:42 PM

I didn't see a post on Reddit, so I'm curious where you recruited volunteers?

GamingOnLinux's Discord. Super helpful people! Getting Mac gamers to help test on the other hand is analogous to skinning cats.

I'm planning on making a post on r/linux_gaming just as soon as the Steam release clears the rubber stamping process though.

Quote from: Moreb on October 11, 2019, 08:45:12 PM
About a third of the way through. I backed you even if it isn't my genre. I'll have 2 copies to give away for those that may be better at testing than I would.

Awesome, thanks. A part of the reason for offering extra keys is to help get grow the fanbase. I don't even really mind if people pirate the game after its release. I'd rather they pirate it than not play it. Maybe I'll put it up on TPB myself (although if I find a publisher, probably not ;))

Jeff Graw