Combat Mission: Red Thunder - Fire and Rubble

Started by al_infierno, February 22, 2020, 11:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2023, 08:32:53 AMMeanwhile, I've been edging closer to setting up a RobO Q Campaign (aka ROQC, aka RobO quick campaign) for CMBB or CMAK -- especially CMBB for a wargaming friend of mine who bought that on GoG recently. (I would run the campaign spreadsheet, tweak the random-gen map, and play the OpFor on the mission.)

As far as I can tell, Rob got to version 2.20 long ago in times eonian (around 2005??), but my copies are back around version 1.83ish. I know he made some important additions and bug fixes between there, but I have searched the internet and can't find any surviving versions of 2.20. (Or any surviving versions at all for that matter.)

Does anyone have the last spreadsheet (not the doc) version?

Is there a link for that? I have always thought of doing a campaign in CMBB or CMAK, and did not realize someone had already put something together.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Sir Slash

Your mind qualifies as young if it has fewer miles on it than the norm I think. I am currently in infancy myself. "Bright", I was trying to be kind.  :laugh:  I would watch Combat Mission Anything videos just to see SOMEONE beat that Devilish AI opponent.  :evil:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 24, 2023, 11:29:06 AMIs there a link for that? I have always thought of doing a campaign in CMBB or CMAK, and did not realize someone had already put something together.

That's the problem, there are no alive links I can find! References to it, with some dead links, yes; actual links, no.

I may start a new thread and attach what I've got, just so some relatively late version can be available. (To people who sign up as Grogheads members, of course.)

Also, the campaign system is legendarily glorious.  :notworthy:  :Party: It has some pre-designed campaigns (like "The Long Walk" for CMBB German infantry, running from June 22nd 1941 to the end of the war.) But between CMAK and CMBB you can generate any campaign type you like within the game parameters. The longest possible would be a British campaign in CMAK starting with defending North Africa against Italian invasion.

You can choose how large or little you want your force to start out with, at what date in the war, in what region (where that force and date are available), and go from there. As your main 'character' levels up, you get access to new ranks, new equipment over time, new units and compositions.

DaveM (whom you know from the Crisis Grogs) wanted to try the Germans in a CMBB campaign, but doesn't know how to play CM yet. (I was going to set up an example video for demonstration purposes.) If you like, I could do the same for you: be your Opposing force for campaign missions.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2023, 11:47:49 AMDaveM (whom you know from the Crisis Grogs) wanted to try the Germans in a CMBB campaign, but doesn't know how to play CM yet. (I was going to set up an example video for demonstration purposes.) If you like, I could do the same for you: be your Opposing force for campaign missions.

LOL...yes I know DaveM...:)  We go way, way, way, way, back. But those are stories of long ago and far, far away...:)

Sure, I'd love to do anything with CM.

I'll set up a chat so I don't start to clog / derail this thread.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

For those subscribed to this thread who were interested: BEHOLD! In accordance with the prophecy, I have found and posted the RobO Q Campaign files, in two threads for archiving here at Grogheads in perpetuity!

Main link here, to the ROQC for CMBB, which will also link to the thread for CMAK: https://www.grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=26827.0

I receive no kickbacks from GoG for this public service.  :grin:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!